Falcons Down UTSA, 7-0, For Seventh Straight Win
Feb. 7, 2010
The Air Force women’s tennis team won their fourth consecutive match of the weekend and seventh overall Sunday, defeating Texas-San Antonio, 7-0, at the Academy. With the victory, Air Force improved to 7-1.
“This was a great weekend for our team,” said Air Force head coach Kim Gidley. “I am so proud of each player for their great level of intensity and strong effort throughout the entire weekend.”
The Falcons cruised through the three doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead, then won the first four singles matches in straight sets. The last two singles matches were played as eight-game pro sets.
Air Force returns to action on Friday, Nov. 13 against the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, Neb.
Air Force 7, Texas – San Antonio 0
1. Christen Monreal (AF) def. Micaela Silva, 6-2, 6-2
2. Melissa Cecil (AF) def. Caroline Dedering, 6-3, 6-2
3. Hannah Dake (AF) def. Mariel Maffezzolli, 6-1, 6-1
4. Christine Molina (AF) def. Kavya Menon, 6-3, 6-2
5. Tahlia Smoke (AF) def. Vivian Carrillo, 8-4
6. Sarah Cassman (AF) def. Katie Ottenbreit, 8-1
1. Dake / Cecil (AF) def. Silva / Carrillo, 8-4
3. Molina / Monreal (AF) def. Menon / Ottenbreit, 8-2