Oct. 17, 2012
Release in PDF
Air Force Falcons (5-6-3, 0-4) vs. New Mexico Lobos (8-5-2, 2-1-1)
Friday, Oct. 19, 5 p.m. @ UNM Soccer Complex - Albuquerque, NM
Air Force Falcons vs. #6 San Diego State Aztecs (14-1-1, 4-0)
Sunday, Oct. 21, 12 p.m. @ SDSU Sports Deck - San Diego, Calif.
The Last Meeting
October 16, 2011
Air Force Drops 4-1 Match at New Mexico
The Air Force women's soccer dropped a 4-1 match at New Mexico Sunday afternoon at the UNM Soccer Complex. The loss dropped the Falcons to 6-7-3, 1-2 and improved the Lobos to 8-4-4, 2-0-2.
The Last Meeting
|San Diego State||1||
October 23, 2011
Live Stats: goAirForceFalcons.com
Web Streaming: Available for UNM game (Fee required) at golobos.com
Air Force Travels To New Mexico and #6 San Diego State
Air Force women's soccer hits the road for matches at New Mexico and San Diego State this weekend, Oct. 19-21. The Falcons take on the Lobos on Friday and the Aztecs on Sunday.
Air Force returns 16 letterwinners and eight starters. The Falcons welcome 11 newcomers. Air Force returns three of its top four scorers from last season, including leading 2011 scorer in sophomore midfielder McKenna Fox.
Air Force dropped a 1-0 matches at home to Boise State and Nevada. Air Force has now dropped three straight 1-0 games at home.
Senior forward Stephanie Patterson leads the Falcons in scoring with five goals and 10 points. Junior Kelly Stambaugh has a 0.82 goals against average in goal and has 63saves in 1,321 minutes.
Falcons In School Top 10
Senior forward Stephanie Patterson and junior goalkeeper Kelly Stambaugh have entered Air Force's top 10 in a couple categories. Patterson has 42 career points, ranking seventh all-time. Her 12 career assists are sixth all-time. Stambaugh has AFA's lowest career GAA at 1.03. Her 14 shutouts are second and her 223 saves and 4,209 minutes are fourth.
Scouting The Opponents
New Mexico is 8-5-2, 2-1-1 after a 1-1 tie at Fresno State and 2-0 loss at UNLV. Midfielder Rachel Montoya leads the team with four goals and 10 points. Kellie Cornell has a 0.90 GAA in goal for the Lobos.
San Diego State is 14-1-1, 4-0-0 after a 2-1 win at UNLV and 3-1 win at Fresno State. F/FM Megan Jurado leads wth team and conference with 12 goals and 31 points. Rachel Boaz has a 0.56 GAA for the Aztecs.
- Larry Friend (USAFA 1985) is 22-40-9 in his fourth year as the head coach at Air Force.
- Mike Friesen (Sonoma State 1996) is 62-40-18 in his sixth year at San Diego State.
- Air Force has seven players on its roster from California, the most of any state.
- New Mexico has two players from Colorado. Fr. MF/F Lindsey Guice (Fort Collins, Rocky Mtn HS), Sr. F Stephanie Rowe (Littleton, Chatfield HS).
- AF Jr. MF Kaliegh Moses and UNM Jr. MF/D Brianna Webster both hailf from Huntington Beach, Calif. Moses went to Rosary HS and Webster went to Edison HS.
- Air Force is 7-12 all-time against New Mexico.
- UNM has won the last seven meetings.
- Air Force's last win over UNM was 2003.
- Air Force is 14-1-1 all-time vs. San Diego State.
- San Diego State has won four in a row in the series.
- Air Force's last win vs. SDSU came in 2001.
Air Force wraps up its regular season next Friday, Oct. 25 at Wyoming.