Oct. 10, 2012
Release in PDF
Boise State Broncos (5-8-1, 0-2) vs. Air Force Falcons (5-4-3, 0-2)
Friday, Oct. 12, 4:30 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA
Nevada Wolfpack (4-8-1, 0-2) vs. Air Force Falcons
Sunday, Oct. 14, 11 a.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA
Live Stats: goAirForceFalcons.com
Free admission for all Air Force soccer home matches.
Air Force Hosts Boise State and Nevada in Final Home Matches
Air Force women's soccer plays its final two home matches of the 2012 season this weekend, hosting Boise State and Nevada. Senior nigh is Friday vs. Boise State and the Nevada match is Sunday.
Air Force returns 16 letterwinners and eight starters. The Falcons welcome 11 newcomers. Air Force returns three of its top four scorers from last season, including leading 2011 scorer in sophomore midfielder McKenna Fox.
Air Force dropped a 1-0 match to UNLV last Friday, its first home loss of the season. The Rebels scored the lone goal of the match in the 13th minute.
Senior forward Stephanie Patterson leads the Falcons in scoring with five goals and 10 points. Junior Kelly Stambaugh has a 0.77 goals against average in goal and has 52 saves in 1,051 minutes.
Falcons In School Top 10
Senior forward Stephanie Patterson and junior goalkeeper Kelly Stambaugh have entered Air Force's top 10 in a couple categories. Patterson has 42 career points, ranking seventh all-time. Her 12 career assists are sixth all-time. Stambaugh has AFA's lowest career GAA at 1.03. Her 14 shutouts are second and her 213 saves and 4,029 minutes are fourth.
Scouting The Opponents
Boise State is 5-8-1, 0-2 after a 1-0 loss to San Diego State. Midfielder Shannon Schueren leads the team with five goals and 12 points. Maddy McDevitt has a 1.51 GAA in front of the net.
Nevada is 4-8-1, 0-2 after a 2-1 loss to Sacramento State and a 1-0 loss to New Mexico. Midfielder Chrisalyn Fonte leads the team with five goals and 12 points. Dana Moreno has a 1.48 GAA in goal for the Wolfpack.
- Larry Friend (USAFA 1985) is 22-38-9 in his fourth year as the head coach at Air Force.
- Steve Lucas (New Hampshire College, 1996) is 107-115-27 in his 13th year at Boise State.
- Melissa Price (Maryland 1997) is 14-32-6 in her fourth year at Nevada.
- Air Force senior defender Kim Koeppen is a native of Eagle, Idaho and played for Boise State as a freshman, prior to transferring to the Academy.
- Boise State has two players on its roster from Colorado. Sr. MF Brianne Favatella (Colorado Springs - Pine Creek HS) and Jr. MF Katy Oehring (Littleton - Heritage HS).
- Nevada has two players on its roster from Colorado. Sr. D Lauren Braman (Niwot - Niwot HS) and Sr. MF Sarah Schmeda (Littleton - Chatfield HS).
- Air Force is 2-0 all-time vs. Boise State. Last year, the Falcons beat the Broncos 1-0 in Boise.
- The Falcon take on Nevada for the first time.
Air Force travels to New Mexico and San Diego State next weekend, Oct. 19-21.