Sept. 14, 2011
Complete Release in PDF Format
Arkansas Razorbacks (1-4-0) vs. Air Force Falcons (4-3-0)
Friday, Sept. 16, 7:30 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA, Colo.
Fresno State Bulldogs (3-3-1) vs. Air Force Falcons
Sunday, Sept. 18, 1:30 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA, Colo.
Free admission for all Air Force soccer home matches
Internet broadcast (Arkansas game): www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Air Force Hosts Arkansas and Fresno State
The Air Force women's soccer team plays host to Arkansas and Fresno State State this weekend, Sept. 16-18. The Falcons take on Arkansas on Friday Sept. 16 and Fresno State on Sunday, Sept. 18. Admission is free for all Air Force women's soccer home matches.
Air Force split its two matches last weekend, defeating Weber State 1-0 on Friday and losing 2-0 to Cleveland State on Sunday.
AF Atop MW In Several Categories
Air Force ranks first in several categories in the Mountain West, including most wins and most goals, assists and points.
Categories Air Force Ranks First in MW
Shots Per game/16.86
Top Scorers In MW
Air Force has the top player in the Mountain West in points and assists. Freshman McKenna Fox leads the MW with 10 points and is second with four goals. Senior Bridgett Murphy leads the MW with four assists.
Quick Recap of 2010
Air Force is coming off one of its most successful seasons ever as a Div. I program in 2010, going 8-9-2 overall, its winningest season since 2001. The eight wins were more than the win totals of the previous three-years combined.
Air Force returns 12 letterwinners, including 10 starters from the 2010 team. The Falcons also welcome 13 newcomers, including 11 freshmen. Air Force returns leading scorer Stephanie Patterson, a junior forward and three-time All-MWC selection in Bridgett Murphy, a senior forward.
Scouting The Opponents
- Arkansas is 1-4 on the season after losses at Nebraska (6-0) and Missouri State (2-0) two weekends ago. Three separate players have netted a goal for the Razorbacks so far this year. Freshman Emily Lilliard has logged most of the minutes at goalkeeper for Arkansas and has a 3.11 goals allowed average.
- Fresno State is 3-3-1 on the season after a win against Sacramento State (2-0) and loss to #4 UCLA (4-1) last weekend. Sophomore midfielder Morgan Castain leads the Bulldogs with four goals. Freshman Katie DeVault has logged the most minutes at goalkeeper for Fresno St. and has a 1.56 GAA.
- Larry Friend (USAFA 1985) is 15-27-3 in his third year as the head coach at Air Force.
- Erin Aubry (Northwestern 1998) is 13-18-7 in her third year at Arkansas. Aubry is 41-56-16 in her seventh year as a head coach.
- Brian Zwaschka (Grandview 1992) is 15-22-5 in his fourth year at Fresno State.
-Freshman defender Kaylyn Cooper is the lone player on Arkansas from Colorado, hailing from Parker and attending Chaparral High School.
- Air Force senior defender Cassie Wilson and Arkansas freshman goalkeeper Kelly Roliard are both natives of Spring, Texas. Wilson attended Klein Oak High School and Roliard attended Klein High School.
- Junior forward Callie Hancock is the lone Fresno State player from Colorado, hailing from Littleton and attending Chatfield High School.
Series History vs. Opponents
- Air Force is 0-1 against Arkansas, falling 4-2 to the Razorbacks in 2009.
- Air Force is 0-1 against Fresno State, falling 3-2 to the Bulldogs in 1995. In 2012, Fresno State will become a conference opponent as it will become a member of the Mountain West.
Air Force travels to Valparaiso, Ind., to take on IUPUI and Valparaiso on Sept. 23 & 25.