Sept. 6, 2011
Complete Release in PDF Format Weber State Wildcats (1-3-0) vs. Air Force Falcons (3-2-0)
Friday, Sept. 9, 7 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA, Colo.
Cleveland State Vikings (3-2-0) vs. Air Force Falcons
Friday, Sept. 11, 11 a.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA, Colo.
Free admission for all Air Force soccer home matches
Air Force Hosts Weber State and Cleveland State
The Air Force women's soccer team plays host to Weber State and Cleveland State this weekend, Sept. 9-11. The Falcons take on Weber State on Friday Sept. 9 and Cleveland State on Sunday, Sept. 11. Admission is free for all Air Force women's soccer home matches.
Air Force dropped a 1-0 match to Northern Colorado last Friday for its lone match. UNC scored the lone goal of the match in the 72nd minute.
AF Atop MW In Several Categories
Air Force ranks first in several categories in the Mountain West, including most wins and most goals, assists and points.
Categories Air Force Ranks First in MW
Shots Per game/18.20
Top Scorers In MW
Air Force has the top player in the Mountain West in goals scored, points and assists. Freshman McKenna Fox leads the MW with four goals and 10 points. Senior Bridgett Murphy leads the MW with four assists.
Quick Recap of 2010
Air Force is coming off one of its most successful seasons ever as a Div. I program in 2010, going 8-9-2 overall, its winningest season since 2001. The eight wins were more than the win totals of the previous three-years combined.
Air Force returns 12 letterwinners, including 10 starters from the 2010 team. The Falcons also welcome 13 newcomers, including 11 freshmen. Air Force returns leading scorer Stephanie Patterson, a junior forward and three-time All-MWC selection in Bridgett Murphy, a senior forward.
Scouting The Opponents
- Weber State is 1-3 on the season after losses at Gonzaga (1-0) and Washington State (3-1) last weekend. Senior Jessie Baddley and junior Kierstin Raught have accounted for Weber State's two goals on the season. Senior Kirsten Anderson leads the team at goalkeeper with a 0.80 goals allowed average.
- Cleveland State is 3-2 on the season after a loss to Bowling Green (1-0) and win over Ohio (3-0) last weekend. Sophomore forward Taylor Vidovic leads the Vikings with four goals. Senior Becky Williams has started the last two games for Cleveland State and has a 0.50 GAA.
- Larry Friend (USAFA 1985) is 13-25-3 in his third year as the head coach at Air Force.
- Tim Crompton (Weber State 1996) is 57-70-13 in his eighth year at Weber State.
- Derrek Falor (Western Washington, 1992) is 31-103-6 in his ninth year at Cleveland State. Falor is 87-150-16 in his 15th year as a head coach.
- Air Force has three freshmen on its roster from Utah.
McKenna Fox - Alpine (Lone Peak HS)
McKenna Kimball - Salt Lake City (Brighton HS)
Felicia Sturgeon - Bountiful (Bountiful HS)
Kimball and Weber State senior Ari Wood are both graduates of Brighton High School.
- Air Force has one player on its roster from Ohio. Sophomore defender Abigail Buns is from West Chester (Lakota East HS).
Series History vs. Opponents
- Air Force is 1-2 all-time vs. Weber State.
- Last year, Weber State defeated AFA 0-1 at the Falcon Invitational.
- Air Force and Cleveland State meet for the first time.
Air Force plays host to Arkansas and Fresno State next weekend. The Falcons take on Arkansas on Sept. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Fresno State on Sept. 18 at 1:30 p.m.