#3 Louisville vs. Air Force
Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017 - 1:05 pm MT
Clune Arena (5,843) - USAFA, Colo.
Internet: Mountain West Network
Radio: Xtra Sports Radio 1300 AM
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Quick Facts:Air Force/Louisville
Streak: L 10/W 13
Last Game: L 68-43 vs. Colorado/W, 87-63 at Kentucky
Next Game: vs. New Mexico (12/28)/at Georgia Tech (12/28)
Conference: Mountain West /ACC
Location/Enrollment: Colorado Springs, CO/4,000/ Louisville, KY/22,298
Website: GoAirForceFalcons.com/ goCards.com
Head Coach: Chris Gobrecht/ Jeff Walz
Alma Mater: USC, 1977/ Northern Kentucky, 1995
School Record: 5-64 (3rd season)/ 275-93 (11th season)
Career Record: 547-537 (38th season)/ same
Record vs. Opponent: 0-0/ 0-0
This is the first-ever meeting between Air Force and Louisville.
- Air Force’s last ACC opponent was #12 North Carolina back on Nov. 13, 2013.
- Louisville is Air Force’s highest-ranked opponent ever. Previously #12 UNC.
- Louisville is Air Force’s first ranked opponent since facing 22nd-ranked Colorado State in 2015.
- Air Force junior guard Venessanna Itugbu and Louisville sophomore Kylee Shook were high school teammates at Mesa Ridge High School in Colorado Springs. The two were part of the undefeated 28-0 Colorado Class 4A State Champion team in 2014, the school’s first-ever state championship in any sport.
- Senior guard Cortney Porter is 13 points shy of reaching 1,000 for her career at Air Force with 987 points. Porter would become Air Force’s 15th 1,000 point scorer in program history.
Air Force opens Mountain West play hosting New Mexico on Thursday, Dec. 28.