March 4, 2008
Air Force Falcons (10-16, 4-10) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (18-10, 11-3)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:30 p.m. (CST)
Fort Worth, Texas Daniel-Meyer Coliseum (7,201)
Radio is available via internet at www.gofrogs.com.
www.goairforcefalcons.com and www.gofrogs.com.
Air Force defeated BYU, 54-49, on Saturday, March 1.
TCU defeated UNLV, 87-57, on Saturday, March 1.
Air Force closes out its regular season at San Diego State on Saturday, March 8.
TCU closes its regular season at BYU, on Saturday, March 8.
Air Force has a two game winning streak.
TCU has a one game winning streak.
- The Falcons are 3-10 on the road. The Horned Frongs are 13-3 at home.
Air Force is coached by Ardie McInelly (Boise State, 1982), who is 50-145 in her seventh season at the Academy and 127-207 in her 12th season overall as a head coach.
TCU is coached by Jeff Mittie (Missouri Wester, 1989), who is 191-93 in his 10th year at TCU and 342-132 in his 17th season overall as a head coach.
TCU defeated Air Force, 67-49, on Feb., 2, 2008 at the Academy.
Series History vs. TCU
- Air Force and TCU have met 10 times with the Horned Frogs having won nine of the meetings.
- The two teams first met on Feb. 26, 1988, a 73-72 Air Force win at the Academy.
(More series info, including box score of last meeting on page six of release)
Last Meeting vs. TCU
he Air Force women's basketball team lost to TCU, 67-49, in Mountain West Conference action Saturday afternoon in front of a crowd of 2,008 at Clune Arena. Senior Pamela Findlay and freshman Raimee Beck led Air Force with 14 points scored each. TCU broke open a close, four-point halftime lead of 30-26, by going on a 10-2 run in the opening four minutes of the second half to pull away. Adrienne Ross led the Horned Frogs with 18 points, 13 of which same in the second half. Emily Carter added 14 points and Moneka Knight had six assists. Findlay recorded her first double-double of the season for Air Force, tying a career-high with 12 rebounds to go with her 14 points. Beck went 3-for-5 from three-point range and has now made 10 three-pointers in her last three games. Senior Alecia Steele was the third Falcon in double-digits, scoring 10 points and grabbing five rebounds. Steele's fifth rebound gave her 722 for her career, moving her into third place all-time at the Academy in rebounding. The Falcons shot 39.1 percent from the field for the game and made 33.3 percent from three-point land. TCU shot 50 percent from the field and made 35.3 percent of their three's.
- TCU enters the week with a 18-10 overall record and 11-3 conference mark after defeating UNLV, 87-57, in Las Vegas on Saturday.
- The Frogs are led by senior guard Adrianne Ross, who leads the team with 13.4 points and 3.1 assists per game.
- TCU is averaging 69.6 points per game and allowing 59.0.
Scouting Air Force
- Air Force is 10-16 on the season and 4-10 in MWC play. The Falcons defeated BYU, 54-49, on Saturday.
- Senior forward Alecia Steele leads the team with 12.3 points per game and is second in the MWC averaging 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Senior Pamela Findlay is second on the team averaging 10.7 points per game and ranks third in the conference in three-point percentage (39.7) and first in free throw percentage (87.7).
- Air Force is averaging 57.4 points per game and allowing 63.9.
Air Force-TCU Connections
- Air Force sophomore guard Ashley Myers is the lone Falcon to hail from Texas. Myers is a San Antonio native and attended Bartlett High School.
10 Wins For The Second Time In Div. I History
With their ten wins on the season, the Falcons have their second-best win total since becoming a Div. I program 12 years ago in 1996-97. The ten wins is also the second-best season in coach Ardie McInelly's tenure. Air Force's winningest Div. I team was the 2005-06 squad, that went 13-15 overall and 4-12 in MWC play.
Four MWC Wins Ties Record
With four conference wins on the season, Air Force is tied with the 2005-06 team for the most Mountain West Conference wins. Air Force is also currently tied for 7th in the MWC, which would be its highest conference finish
Falcons Set Defensive Scoring Records Against Conference Foes
Air Force has allowed the fewest points ever against three of its conference opponents this season. Air Force held Colorado State to 43 points in a 56-43 win on Jan. 23. The Falcons held TCU to 67 points in a 49-67 loss on Feb. 2. Air Force then held BYU to 49 points in the 54-39 win on Saturday.
Historic Win Over BYU
Air Force earned its first-ever win over BYU, Saturday, with the 54-49 win on senior day. The Falcons snapped an 20-game losing streak to the Cougars with the win. In addition, BYU's 49 points scored was the fewest ever against the Falcons.
Air Force wraps up regular season play at San Diego State on Saturday, March 8.
For complete notes, click on PDF link at top of release.