Padilla turns #25 Torres to his back for near fall points
Irving, Texas - Air Force’s Ricky Padilla (165 pounds) and West Virginia’s Dylan Cottrell (165 pounds) pick up the final Big 12 Co-Wrestler of the Week honor of the season. Padilla’s award marks the first weekly accolade for Air Force since joining the conference.
Co-Wrestlers OF THE WEEK
Ricky Padilla, Air Force, Fr., Covina, Calif.
- Made his dual meet debut against No. 25 Keilan Torres of Northern Colorado and recorded a 10-3 victory.
- Mustered an explosive third period, scoring nine points from two take downs, four near fall points and an escape in the final minute of the bout.
- Cut the Bears lead down to three, ultimately facilitating Air Force’s 20-15 comeback win over Northern Colorado.
Dylan Cottrell, West Virginia, Sr., Spencer, W. Va.
- Ranking No. 11/19, Cottrell went 2-0 on the weekend to move to 15-4 with a three-match win streak.
- Cottrell won a 9-3 decision over No. 12/9 Austin Matthews. Helped the Mountaineers to a 22-10 win over Clarion with a 5-1 win over Evan Delong.
- He finished the weekend with five take downs, a pair of near fall points and two points for riding time.
- Big12Sports.com -