Falcons Blank UCCS, 7-0
The Air Force men's tennis team won its third consecutive match, defeating UCCS, 7-0, Friday at the Academy. With the victory, the Falcons improve to 7-3 this season.
The Falcons won all three doubles matches to claim the doubles point. AFA's No. 1 team of seniors Shannon Buck and Trevor Johnson won their ninth straight match, beating Sean Voorhies and Josh Johnson, 8-4.
In singles, Buck handled Voorhies, 6-0, 6-0, at the top spot, while Johnson defeated Eric Rivera, 6-2, 6-2. Junior Robby Alexander won the No. 3, defeating Jason Schultz, 6-2, 6-2 and junior Keith Cronican beat Johnson, 6-3, 6-4 at No. 4. Sophomore Greg Ferry (No. 5) and freshman Kyle Epperson (No. 6) each won in an eight-game pro-set.
The Falcons return to action against Montana on Saturday, March 4 at 1 p.m.
Air Force 7, UCCS 0
1. Shannon Buck (AF) def. Sean Voorhies, 6-0, 6-0
2. Trevor Johnson (AF) def. Eric Rivera, 6-2, 6-2
3. Robby Alexander (AF) def. Jason Schultz, 6-2, 6-2
4. Keith Cronican (AF) def. Josh Johnson, 6-3, 6-4
5. Greg Ferry (AF) def. Marc Knutila, 9-8
6. Kyle Epperson (AF) def. Ken Huston, 8-1
1. Buck/Johnson (AF) def. Voorhies/Johnson, 8-4
2. Alexander/Ferry (AF) def. Rivera/Schultz, 8-3
3. Cronican/White (AF) def. Knutilla/Hutson, 8-1