Falcons Hand Metro State a 6-1 Defeat
The Air Force men's tennis team won its second consecutive match, defeating Metro State, 6-1, Sunday at the Academy. With the victory, the Falcons improve to 6-3 this season.
The Falcons won all three doubles matches to claim the doubles point. AFA's No. 1 team of seniors Shannon Buck and Trevor Johnson won their eighth straight match, beating Andre Nilsson and Riley Meyer, 8-4.
In singles, Buck handled Nilsson, 6-0, 6-0, at the top spot, while Johnson defeated Riley Meyer, 6-1, 6-2. Junior Robby Alexander won the No. 4 match in three sets, defeating Mark Milner, 5-7, 6-1, 6-3 and junior Ryan White (No. 5) and freshman Kyle Epperson (No. 6) each won in straight sets.
The Falcons return to action for a pair of home matches next weekend. Air Force will face UCCS on Friday, March 3 at 1 p.m., then Montana on Saturday, March 4 at 1 p.m.
Air Force 6, Metro State 1
1. Shannon Buck (AF) def. Andre Nilsson, 6-0, 6-0
2. Trevor Johnson (AF) def. Riley Meyer, 6-1, 6-2
3. Drew Maccholz (MSC) def. Justin Lau, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
4. Robby Alexander (AF) def. Mark Milner, 5-7, 6-1, 6-3
5. Ryan White (AF) def. William Meyer, 6-0, 6-2
6. Kyle Epperson (AF) def. Sean Carlton, 6-2, 6-0
1. Buck/Johnson (AF) def. Nilsson/R. Meyer, 8-4
2. Lau/Cronican (AF) def. Maccholz/Milner, 8-4
3. Alexander/White (AF) def. W. Meyer/Carlton, 8-2