Falcons Fall to UT-Arlington, 5-2
April 14, 2012
The Air Force men's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision to UT-Arlington Saturday afternoon at the UTA Tennis Center in Arlington, Texas. With the loss, Air Force fell to 10-11 this season, while UTA improved to 10-11.
In singles action, sophomore Steven Young rallied to win the No. 4 match, 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 over Nicolas Moreno and freshman Joey Brandt won his third dual match of his career by beating Stefan Williams, 7-5, 4-6, 1-0(8).
"UTA is a tough team and our guys fought hard all day but they were just a little better today," said Air Force head coach Dan Oosterhous. "It was great seeing Joey Brandt and Steven Young get two big come-from-behind wins in singles."
The Falcons play their final Mountain West match of the regular season on Sunday against TCU in Fort Worth, Texas. The match is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.
UT Arlington 5, Air Force 2
1. Mindaugas Celedinas (UTA) def. Lance Wilhelm, 6-2, 6-4
2. Soren Goritzka (UTA) def. Alex Grubbs, 7-6, 6-2
3. Yauheni Yakauleu (UTA) def. Alex Lineberry, 6-3, 6-1
4. Steven Young (AF) def. Nicolas Moreno, 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
5. David Subirats (UTA) def. Grant Taylor, 6-3, 6-4
6. Joey Brandt (AF) def. Stefan Williams, 7-5, 4-6, 10-8