Falcons Edged by UC Davis 4-3
April 5, 2014
The Air Force men’s tennis team couldn’t keep the momentum after winning the doubles point and fell to UC Davis, 4-3, Saturday at the Marya Welch Tennis Center in Davis, Calif. The Aggies improved to 13-8 while the Falcons fell to 12-7 overall with the loss.
Air Force took the early lead with wins at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles, both by a score of 8-6. Senior Alex Grubbs and sophomore Jack McCullers downed Alec Adamson and Adam Levie at the top spot, while junior Grant Taylor and freshman Lucas Fumagalli beat Brett Bacharach and Adam Luba at No. 3.
UC Davis took the match by winning four of the six singles matches. The Aggies took the top three matches and the No. 5 match, all in straight sets. Grubbs captured the No. 4 match, 7-5, 7-6, over Bacharach, while Fumagalli beat Bryce McKelvie, 6-1, 6-3, at No. 6.
The Falcons play at Mountain West foe Fresno State on Sunday, April 6 beginning at 11 a.m. (PT).
UC Davis 4, Air Force 3
1. Alec Adamson (UCD) def. Andy Jackson, 6-0, 6-3
2. James Wade (UCD) def. Steven Young, 6-3, 6-3
3. Kyle Miller (UCD) def. Jack McCullers, 6-2, 7-6
4. Alex Grubbs (AF) def. Brett Bacharach, 7-5, 7-6
5. Parker Kelley (UCD) def. Grant Taylor, 6-4, 6-1
6. Lucas Fumagalli (AF) def. Bryce McKelvie, 6-1, 6-3