April 4, 2014
The Pacific men's tennis team swept Air Force 7-0 on Friday, April 4 at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts and In Shape West Lane in Stockton, Calif. Due to rain, the match was concluded indoors. The Tigers improved to 9-9 overall, while Air Force dropped to 12-6.
Pacific swept all three doubles matchups, including an 8-2 victory at the No. 1 spot by Daniel Alameh and Marlon Brand over senior Alex Grubbs and sophomore Jack McCullers. The Tigers won the other two doubles matches 8-4.
Pacific kept the momentum throughout the singles matches, not dropping a set in winning all six matches.
The Falcons return to action on Saturday, April 5 at UC Davis beginning at 11 a.m.
Pacific 7, Air Force 0
Friday, April 4, 2014
1. Daniel Alameh / Marlon Brand (PAC) def. Jack McCullers / Alex Grubbs, 8-2
2. Denis Stolyarov / Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Andy Jackson / Andrew Parks, 8-4
3. Alex Hamilton / Miguel Diaz (PAC) def. Grant Taylor / Lucas Fumagalli, 8-4
1. Verbeek (PAC) def. Steven Young, 6-3, 6-0
2. Diaz (PAC) def. McCullers, 6-4, 6-3
3. Stolyarov (PAC) def. Grubbs, 6-0, 6-1
4. Alameh (PAC) def. Taylor, 6-3, 6-2
5. Hamilton (PAC) def. Parks (AF), 6-4, 6-4
6. Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Fumagalli, 6-0, 6-3