Honolulu, HI - Air Force claimed two doubles wins and four of six singles wins to secure a 5-2 win over the University of Hawai'i, Saturday afternoon at the UH Sports Complex. The Falcons improves to 7-2 on the season heading into tomorrow's second match with the Rainbow Warriors.
Tadhg Collins and Mack Galvin led the way in doubles action, securing the first win at the No. 1 position, 6-3, over Felix Albert and Fabian Woehrl. Isaac Perez and Patrick Sklenka secured the doubles match point with a 6-4 win over Blaz Seric and Aleksa Lazarevic in the second position. Paul Henrdix and Jamie Bautista's match was left unfinished with the lead, 5-4.
Hendrix brought home the first point in singles action with a straight-set win, 6-3, 6-2, over Eric Kenneth in the No. 6 positon. Moments later, Galvin secured his perfect finish on the day with a straight set win over Lazarevic in the No. 3 position, 6-3, 6-4.
Seric recorded the first point for Hawai'i as he edged by Sklenka, 7-5, 6-3, in the No. 1 position. Lucas LaBrunie continued the Warriors' roll with a 6-1, 7-5, win over Luke Sanderson at the No. 4 position. Isaac Perez and Sean McKendree put the final dagger in Hawai'i with wins in positions two and five, respectively. Perez beat Albert, 6-3, 6-6 (7-4), while McKendree bested Chia-Hu Lu in three, 6-4, 2-6, 6-2.
The Falcons continue the second match of non-conference double-header action against the University of Hawai'i, tomorrow, Feb. 18. Action is slated for noon.
Air Force 5, Hawai'i 2
Feb 17, 2018 at Honolulu, HI
(UH Tennis Complex)
1. Tadhg Collins/Mack Galvin (AF) def. Felix Albert/Fabian Woehrl (UH) 6-3
2. Isaac Perez/Patrick Sklenka (AF) def. Blaz Seric/Aleksa Lazarevic (UH) 6-4
3. Lucas LaBrunie/Eric Kenneth (UH) DNF Paul Hendrix/Jaime Bautista (AF) 4-5, unfinished
1. Blaz Seric (UH) def. Patrick Sklenka (AF) 7-5, 6-3
2. Isaac Perez (AF) def. Felix Albert (UH) 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
3. Mack Galvin (AF) def. Aleksa Lazarevic (UH) 6-3, 6-4
4. Lucas LaBrunie (UH) def. Luke Sanderson (AF) 6-1, 7-5
5. Sean McKendree (AF) def. Chia-Hua Lu (UH) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
6. Paul Hendrix (AF) def. Eric Kenneth (UH) 6-3, 6-2
Air Force 7-2
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (6,3,1,4,2,5)