Aug. 27, 2014
Complete Notes in PDF
Navy Midshipmen (0-0-0) vs. Air Force Falcons (0-0-0)
Friday, Aug. 29, 7 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA
Cal State Northridge Matadors (0-0-0) vs. Air Force Falcons
The Last Meeting
September 19, 2008
Falcons Beat Navy, 1-0, For First Win of Season
The Air Force men's soccer team captured its first victory of the 2008 season Friday night by defeating service-academy rival Navy, 1-0, in the first round of the BSC Armed Forces Classic played on the campus of Birmingham Southern University in Birmingham, Ala. With the victory, Air Force is 1-5 this season, while Navy fell to 3-2.
The Last Meeting
|Cal State Northridge||2
September 22, 2012
Falcons Drop 2-0 Decision to CSU Northridge
Sagi Lev-Ari and Edwin Rivas each scored and Michael Abalos made three saves as the Cal State Northridge men's soccer team downed Air Force, 2-0, Saturday night in Northridge, Calif. The Matadors improved to 6-3 this season, while Air Force fell to 3-5-1.
Sunday, Aug. 31, 1 p.m. @ Cadet Soccer Stadium - USAFA
Free Admission for all Air Force home soccer matches (men’s and women’s)
Live Stats and video streaming:
- Every Air Force home match will have free live stats and live video streaming at:
- Video will also be archived and available to watch any time upon completion of the match.
Air Force Hosts Navy and Cal State Northridge to Open 2014
Air Force men’s soccer opens the 2014 season hosting Navy and Cal State Northridge the weekend of Aug. 29-31 at the Cadet Soccer Stadium. Free admission, live stats and video streaming will be available for all Falcon soccer home games.
Air Force returns 18 letterwinners and eight starters. The Falcons welcome seven newcomers, including five freshmen.
Air Force went 4-11-5 overall and finished 3-2-5 in WAC play, finishing in a tie for first place in the Mountain Division.
Senior Zachary Modly and sophomores Ryan Ward and Blake Elder led the 2013 team in scoring with eight points apiece. Ward posted a team-high four goals, while Elder had a team-best four assists.
Head Coach Doug Hill
Doug Hill (USAFA 1983) is 50-71-14 entering his eighth year as the head coach at Air Force. Hill led the Falcons to an NCAA Tournament appearance in 2012, the first AFA team to do so since 1997.
Series History vs. Navy
- Air Force is 3-4-2 in nine meetings all-time vs. Navy.
- Air Force last played Navy in 2008, a 1-0 Falcon win at the BSG Armed Forces Classic in Birmingham, Ala.
- Air Force last hosted Navy 30 years ago in 1984.
Series History vs. Cal State Northridge
- Air Force is 1-3 in four meetings vs. Cal State Northridge.
- Air Force lost 2-0 in the last meeting at CSUN in 2012.
- The two teams met for the first time at the 1993 MPSF Championships.
- Northridge makes its first-ever trip to the Academy.
Air Force travels to service-academy rival Army on Saturday, Sept. 6. Kickoff is 7:30 pm ET.