Nov. 18, 2013
Release in PDF
Air Force (2-8, 0-6 MW) vs. UNLV (5-5, 3-3 MW)
Thursday, Nov. 21 - 7:30 pm (MT)
USAFA, CO - Falcon Stadium (46,692)
The Last Meeting
September 22, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Mark Neeley (Play-by-play), Jay Walker (Analyst)
RADIO: KVOR AM 740 in Colorado Springs; The Fan 104.3 in Denver; goairforcefalcons.com
Jim Arthur (play-by-play); Jesse Kurtz (analyst); Jay Ritchie/Bob Ihle (pre- and post-game shows)
GAME FACTS: Air Force and UNLV return to action following open dates last week ... Air Force is coming off a 45-37 loss at New Mexico ... UNLV lost 28-24 at home vs. Utah State ... Air Force is 1-3 overall, including an 0-1 mark this season, following an open week under head coach Troy Calhoun ... Air Force lost to Notre Dame, 45-10, following its earlier open week this season ... This week is the final home game for 31 seniors (16 players, 15 managers) ... The Falcons lead the overall series with UNLV, 13-5, including a 13-4 mark in conference games ... AFA is 7-1 at home in the series and won 45-17 in 2011 the last time the teams played in Falcon Stadium ... UNLV won last year’s meeting, 38-35, in Las Vegas.
• Air Force is coached by Troy Calhoun (Air Force, 1989), who is in his seventh season. He has led the Falcons to 49-39 career record. Calhoun is 29-24 in MW games, 20-16 in non-conference games, 30-13 in Falcon Stadium, 16-22 in road games and 2-4 in bowl games.
• UNLV is coached by Bobby Hauck (Montana, 1988), who is in his fourth season. He has led the Rebels to an 11-37 record. Hauck has a career record of 91-54 in his 11th season. He was the head coach coach at Montana from 2003-09 before going to UNLV.
• Air Force and UNLV meet for the 19th time overall and 18th time as conference foes.
• Air Force leads the overall series, 13-5, and has a 13-4 mark in conference games.
• The Falcons are 7-1 at home and 6-4 at UNLV in the series.
• Air Force has won nine of the last 11 games.
• UNLV won back-to-back games in 2000-01 prior to the recent Air Force run.
• Air Force defeated UNLV, 45-17, in 2011 the last time the two played in Falcon Stadium.
• UNLV defeated Air Force, 38-35, last season in Las Vegas to snap a five-game AFA win streak.
• The teams first played in 1981 in Las Vegas. UNLV won the game, 24-21.
Air Force closes out the 2013 season with a road game at Colorado State on Nov. 30. Kickoff is 12 p.m. The game will be on ESPN3.