Oct. 9, 2013
Air Force (1-5, 0-4 MW) vs. San Diego St. (2-3, 1-0 MW)
Thursday, Oct. 10 - 7 pm (MT)
USAFA, CO - Falcon Stadium (46,692)
Dave Ryan (Play-by-play), Adam Archuleta (Analyst), Evan Washburn (Sidelines) RADIO: KVOR AM 740 in Colorado Springs; The Fan 104.3 in Denver; goairforcefalcons.com
Jim Arthur (play-by-play); Jesse Kurtz (analyst); Jay Ritchie/Bob Ihle (pre- and post-game shows)
GAME FACTS: Air Force begins a stretch of three straight home games this week by hosting San Diego State ... The Falcons also host Notre Dame on Oct. 26 and Army Nov. 2 ... This week’s SDSU game is the lone conference game during the home stand ... Air Force and SDSU will be playing for the 32nd time overall with every meeting as a conference foes ... The Falcons lead the series, 19-12, overall and are 11-5 at home ... SDSU has won three straight, including a 41-27 win in 2011 the last time the two played in Falcon Stadium.
COACHES: Air Force is coached by Troy Calhoun (Air Force, 1989), who is in his seventh season. He has led the Falcons to 48-36 career record. Calhoun is 29-22 in MW games, 19-14 in non-conference games, 29-11 in Falcon Stadium, 16-21 in road games and 2-4 in bowl games.
San Diego State is coached by Rocky Long (New Mexico, 1974), who is in his third season. Long has guided the Aztecs to a 19-12 record. He has a career record of 84-81 in his 14th season. Long was the head coach at New Mexico from 1998-2008.
• Air Force leads the series, 19-12, with all games coming as conference foes.
• The Falcons are 7-7 in San Diego, 11-5 at home and 1-0 in neutral site games.
• San Diego State has won three straight and seven of the last 11 in the series.
• Prior to San Diego State’s three-game streak, Air Force had won three straight from 2007-09.
• The Aztecs defeated Air Force, 41-27, the last time the two played in Falcon Stadium in 2011.
• San Diego State defeated Air Force, 28-9, last season in San Diego.
• The teams first played in 1980 in Falcon Stadium, resulting in a 13-10 Aztec win.
The Falcons will be off the following two Saturdays and will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 26, when they host Notre Dame. Kickoff is 3 p.m. The game will be televised by CBS Sports.