April 23, 2008
Series Notes in PDF Format
Air Force (13-24, 0-11) vs. BYU (15-24, 5-7)
vs. BYU - Thursday, April 24 - Falcon Field - USAFA, Colo. - 2 p.m. MST
vs. BYU - Friday, March 25 - Falcon Field - USAFA, Colo. - 2 p.m. MST
vs. BYU - Saturday, March 26 - Falcon Field - USAFA, Colo. - Noon MST
- Radio available at www.byucougars.com (subscription required).
- Live stats available at www.goairforcefalcons.com
AF: Mike Hutcheon (Wayne State (Neb.), 1984) is 45-199 in his 4th year at Air Force and 285-339 in his 13th year as a head coach.
BYU: Vance Law (BYU, 1978) is 280-227-2 in his 9th year at BYU.
BYU leads the series 131-23.
Air Force was swept in a three game set, March 20-22, 2008 in Provo, Utah.
AF: One game winning streak.
BYU: Four game losing streak.
Falcons Hosts BYU In MWC Series
The Air Force Falcon baseball team (13-24, 0-11) plays host to BYU (15-24, 5-7) for a three-game Mountain West Conference series, Thurs.-Sat., April 24-26, at Falcon Field. Live internet radio and stats will be available for the series.
Noting the Falcons
- Air Force is 13-24 on the season. The Falcons went 2-2 over the weekend, slitting two games each to Utah Valley and Northern Colorado up in Greeley, Colo.
- Air Force is batting .265 on the season, has a pitching staff earned run average of 8.42 and is fielding .954.
- Sophomore 1B/DH Matt Alexander leads the Falcons with a .318 batting average to go with six home runs and 37 RBIs.
- Sophomore reliever Michael Ruvolo leads the pitching staff with a 4-3 record, 6.69 ERA and four saves in 35.0 innings of work.
- BYU is 14-24 on the season and 5-7 in conference play after getting swept at TCU last weekend.
- The Cougars are led offensively by sophomore outfielder Sean McNaughton, who is batting .326 with eight homers and 33 RBI.
- Junior righthander Jordan Muir (2-4, 5.34) leads the staff with 44 K's in 55.2 innings pitched.
- BYU is batting .291, fielding .953 and has a staff ERA of 7.78.
- Air Force and BYU have played each other 154 times.
- The Cougars lead the series 131-23.
- BYU had won the last four games played at Falcon Field.
- The two teams first met on June 2, 1962, where the Falcons defeated the Cougars, 4-2, at the District VII playoffs.
(Game-by-game breakdown of series on page 6).
- Air Force has no players on its team from Utah.,br>
- J.T. Musso is the lone BYU player from Colorado. Musso hails from Pueblo and attended Pueblo County HS.
- BYU pitching coach Bobby Applegate was the pitching coach at Air Force for your years, from 1998-2001.
The Falcons host Colorado Christian on Tuesday, April 29, in a makeup game of the snowout on April 16. Air Force then hosts San Diego State over the weekend of May 2-4.