April 10, 2008
Series Notes in PDF Format
Air Force (11-19, 0-8) vs. New Mexico (21-12, 5-4)
vs. New Mexico - Friday, April 11 - Ricketts Park - Farmington, N.M. - 6 p.m. MST
vs. New Mexico - Saturday, April 12 - Ricketts Park - Farmington, N.M. - 6 p.m. MST
vs. New Mexico - Sunday, April 13 - Ricketts Park - Farmington, N.M. - Noon MST
Live stats available at www.golobos.com and www.goairforcefalcons.com.
AF: Mike Hutcheon (Wayne State (Neb.), 1984) is 44-194 in his 4th year at Air Force and 283-334 in his 13th year as a head coach.
New Mexico: Ray Birmingham (New Mexico State, 1978) is in his first year at New Mexico and is 839-340-2 in his 21st year overall as a head coach.
New Mexico leads the series 96-39.
Air Force lost to New Mexico, 8-17, on April 6, 2007, at the Academy.
AF: One game winning streak.
New Mexico: One game winning streak.
Falcons To Play New Mexico In Farmington, N.M.
The Air Force Falcon baseball team (10-19, 0-8) hits the road to take on New Mexico (16-12, 1-2) for a three-game conference series Fri.-Sun., April 11-13. The series takes place at Ricketts Park in Farmington, N.M., which is located in the Northwest corner of the state. Live stats will be available for the series.
Noting the Falcons
- Air Force is 11-19 on the season. The Falcons were swept at TCU last week but rebounded to beat Colorado Christian 9-8 in 10 innings Tuesday.
- Air Force is batting .257 on the season, has a pitching staff earned run average of 7.20 and is fielding .952.
- Sophomore 1B/DH Matt Alexander leads the Falcons with a .327 batting average to go with five home runs and 33 RBIs.
- Sophomore reliever Michael Ruvolo leads the pitching staff with a 3-3 record, 4.75 ERA and four saves in 30.1 innings of work.
Scouting New Mexico
- New Mexico is 21-11 on the season and 5-4 in conference play after going 2-1 at San Diego State last weekend and splitting a two-game set at Texas Tech.
- The Lobos are led offensively by senior outfielder Matt Hibbits, who is batting .370 with a homer and 28 RBIs.
- Senior left hander Bobby LaFromboise (3-2, 5.20) leads the staff with 27.2 innings pitched to go with 27 K's.
- New Mexico is batting .310 as a team and has a staff ERA of 5.27.
- Air Force and New Mexico have played each other 135 times.
- The Lobos lead the series 96-39 and have won the last six meetings in the series.
- The two teams first met on May 2, 1957 where the Falcons defeated UNM, 8-7, in ten innings at the Academy.
AF-New Mexico Connections
- Air Force has no players on its roster from New Mexico.
- Freshman Gregg Laswell played at the New Mexico Military Academy last year.
- New Mexico has five players on its roster from Colorado.
Fr. RHP - Eric Ballman (Littleton - Dakota Ridge HS)
Fr. C - C.J. Gillman (Littleton - Columbine HS)
Jr. IF - Dane Hamilton (Grand Junction - Grand Junction HS)
Jr. RHP - Willy Kesler (Thornton - Northglenn HS/Lamar CC )
Jr. OF - Max Willett i(Highlands Ranch - Thunder Ridge HS)
Former Falcon Karl Bolt Starts Season With Phillies Class A Team
2nd Lt. Karl Bolt, a 2007 graduate of Air Force begins his second season in the Philadelphia Phillies organization with the Lakewood BlueClaws (Lakewood, N.J.) in the Class A South Atlantic League. Bolt was a 15th round selection of the Phillies in the 2007 Major League Baseball Amateur draft. He spent the summer of 2007 playing for the Gulf Coast League Phillies and led the GCL in homers (8) and total bases (95).
The Falcons host Colorado Christian on Wednesday, April 16, at 2:30 p.m. The Falcons then head to Greeley, Colo., over the weekend for four games, two each, against Northern Colorado and Utah Valley.
Complete notes in PDF link at top of release.