April 3, 2008
Series Notes in PDF Format
Air Force (10-16, 0-5) vs. TCU (16-12, 2-4)
at TCU - Friday, April 4 - Lupton Stadium - Fort Worth, Texas - 6:30 p.m. CST
at TCU - Saturday, April 5 - Lupton Stadium - Fort Worth, Texas - 2 p.m. CST
at TCU - Sunday, April 6 - Lupton Stadium - Fort Worth, Texas - 1 p.m. CST
Live internet radio and stats available at www.gofrogs.com.
AF: Mike Hutcheon (Wayne State (Neb.), 1984) is 43-191 in his 4th year at Air Force and 282-331 in his 13th year as a head coach.
TCU: Jim Schlossnagle (Elon, 1992) is 183-95 in his 5th year at TCU and is 260-142 in his 7th year overall as a head coach.
TCU leads the series 15-1.
Air Force lost to #28 TCU, 5-15, on April 5, 2007, at the Academy.
AF: One game winning streak.
TCU: Two game winning streak.
Falcons Head To TCU
The Air Force Falcon baseball team (9-16, 0-5) heads to TCU (16-12, 1-2) for a three-game conference series Fri.-Sun., March 28-30, in Salt Lake City. Internet radio and live stats will be available for the series.
Noting the Falcons
- Air Force is 10-16 on the season after going splitting a two-game series with Doane College.
- Air Force is batting .258 on the season, has a pitching staff earned run average of 7.58 and is fielding .950.
- Sophomore 1B/DH Matt Alexander leads the Falcons with a .333 batting average to go with a conference leading 31 RBIs.
- Sophomore reliever Michael Ruvolo leads the pitching staff with a 2-2 record, 4.85 ERA and four saves in 26 innings of work.
- Air Force has reached 10 wins already for the second time in five years.
- TCU is 16-12 on the season and 2-4 in conference play after going 1-2 at UNLV last weekend.
- The Horned Frogs are led offensively by senior shortstop Bryan Kervin, who is batting .321 with a homer and 21 RBIs.
- Sophomore righthander Tyler Lockwood (2-0, 1.17) leads the staff with 38.1 innings pitched to go with 26 K's.
- TCU is batting .283 as a team and has a staff ERA of 3.57.
- Air Force and TCU have played each other 16 times.
- The Horned Frogs lead the series 15-1.
- Air Force is 0-6 all-time at TCU and 0-6 at Lupton Stadium.
- The two teams first met on March 21, 1997, as Western Athletic Conference foes, where the Frogs defeated the Falcons, 9-3, at the Academy.
- Air Force has six players on its roster from Texas.
Fr. UTL - Jeff Abt (Spring - Northland Christian HS)
Jr. RHP - Casey Allen (Portland - Gregory-Portland HS)
Fr. RHP - Gregg Laswell (Houston - Memorial HS)
Jr. RHP - Jake Petro (San Antonio - Churchill HS)
So. RHP - Alex Truesdale (Austin - S.F. Austin)
So. OF - Daniel Walker (Grand Prairie - James Bowen)
- TCU has no players on its roster from Colorado.
The Falcons host Colorado Christian on Tuesday, April 8, at 3 p.m. The game is a make-up of the March 18 game that was postponed due to snow. The Falcons then head to Farmington, N.M., April 11-13, for a three-game weekend set against New Mexico.
Complete notes are in PDF link at top of release.