- Led Mountain West with 24 doubles in 2016.
- Led Mountain West with 203 assists in 2016.
- Played and started at shortstop in 56 games.
- Batted .290 with 62 hits, 34 runs and 37 RBIs.
- Ranked first in the Mountain West with 24 doubles.
- Ranked first in the Mountain West with 203 assists.
- Was fifth in the MW in double plays turned (42).
- Fifth in MW with five sac flies.
- The 24 doubles is third most in a season at Air Force.
- Third on team with 17 walks.
- Went 4-for-5 with three doubles and 3 RBIs vs. Omaha.
- Had three eight-assist games.
- 16 multi-hit games and eight multi-RBI games.
- Started all 52 games at second base.
- One of the top defensive players in the Mountain West, fielding .977.
- Second in the conference with 180 assists and sixth with 35 double plays turned.
- Batted .241 with 47 hits and 15 doubles.
- Stole seven bases.
- Went 2-for-4 with two doubles and two RBIs in collegiate debut vs. The Citadel.
- Season-high three hits vs. New Mexico.
- Had 15 multi-hit games.
- Had 11 games with five or more assists.
- Had career-high eight assists vs. UNLV.
- Had a 27 game errorless streak midway through the season.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered three years in varsity baseball and one year in football ... Attended the Academy prep school where he played baseball ... Baseball All-District as a sophomore, junior, and senior ... high school baseball coach was Kendall Clark ... played summer ball for the Dallas Tigers, coached by Tommy Hernandez.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 1 ... son of Mark and Donnna Zabojnik with an older sister ... high school teammates with current Air Force teammate Tyler Jones ... summerball teammates with current Air Force teammate Benn Hawkins ... a person in history he would most like to meet is Jackie Robinson because he would like to know more about the challenges that he went through and how he balanced them while playing baseball ... credits his high school coach Joe McBride as the most impacting person on his athletic career because he is a great mentor and taught him valuable life lessons ... favorite food is chicken fried rice, favorite class subject is math, favorite book is Lone Survivor, favorite movie is Act of Valor.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to the Academy because I wanted a challenge and to do something that was greater than myself."
Zabojnik Career Hitting Stats