- College Sports Madness MW Player of the Week (April 7, 2015)
- Mountain West Player of the Week (April 6, 2015)
- Air Force Athletics Athlete of the Week (April 6, 2015)
- 2015 College Sports Madness Mountain West Preseason All-Conference (First Team Outfielder)
- 2014 Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American (Second Team Outfielder)
- 2014 All-Mountain West Second Team Outfielder
- Started all 52 games in leftfield. Batted third or fourth in lineup in every game.
- Batted .301 with six home runs and 41 RBIs.
- 19 hit by pitches is the second most in school history.
- Ranked in Mountain West Top 10 in four categories.
(Triples - 5th/3)
(Home Runs - 9th/6)
(Hit By Pitch - 2nd/19)
(Stolen Bases - 2nd/12)
- 15 multi-hit games and nine multi-RBI games.
- Nine-game hitting streak was second-best on team.
- Hit walkoff home run in win against Fresno State.
- Third on team in hitting in MW play, batting .325 with three home runs and 25 RBIs.
- Played and started all 54 games.
- Made 53 starts in left field and one as a designated hitter.
- Second Team Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American and Second Team All-Mountain West Outfielder.
- Became the first freshman to earl all-conference since 1991 and the first freshman all-american since 2010.
- Led team with .338 average, 30 runs, 66 hits, 19 doubles, two triples, 31 RBIs, seven stolen bases, .518 slugging, 11 hit by pitches and .399 on-base percentage.
- Ranked in the Mountain West Top 10 in seven offensive categories (fifth in average; fifth in slugging, eighth in on-base; fourth in doubles; 10th with 101 total bases; 6th in HBP and 10th in stolen bases).
- Set an Air Force freshman record in hit by pitches.
- Is second in doubles and third for hits by an Air Force freshman.
- Led team with a .345 average in MW play...10 doubles is an AF freshman record in MW play.
- Also tied for team-lead with 18 multi-hit games.
- Had a season-best nine game hitting streak.
- Went 3-for-5 with two doubles and four RBIs in collegiate debut vs. Washington.
- Homered against Northern Colorado twice and once against Adams State.
- Had nine games with three-plus hits.
- Had four-hit games against New Mexico, New Mexico State, Northern Colorado and San Jose State.
- Had four-RBI games against Washington, Northern Colorado and San Jose State.
- Hit a grand slam to rally Air Force past Northern Colorado on April 9.
- Played summer ball for the Eau Claire Express in the Northwoods League.
HIGH SCHOOL (Coppell):Lettered three years in baseball...two-time Under Armour Preseason All-American...first-team all-district...second-team Louisville Slugger All-American...North Texas All-Star...Under Armour Top 10, 2013 Honorable Mention...#13 ranked third baseman from Texas according to Perfect Game...batted .406 with four homers and 18 doubles as a senior...high school baseball coach was Kendall Clark...played summer ball for the Texas Blackhawks, coached by Eddie Aguilar...National Society of High School Scholars member.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 2...son of Rob and Kristi Jones...has two younger brothers...father played baseball at TCU and grandfather played baseball and basketball at SMU...nickname is T.J. ...favorite food is shrimp and chicken parmesan...favorite book is the Bible...favorite TV show is Prison Break...favorite movie is Warrior...person in history he'd most like to meet is Jackie Robinson...something not many people know about him is that he is naturally left handed...credits his father as having the biggest influence on his sports career...enjoys working out and playing video games when away from baseball...favorite non-traditional sporting event to watch on TV is Australian Rules Football.
Why I came to the Academy: "The Academy sets you up to achieve any goal you want. The opportunity to learn, play baseball and serve is unmatched by any other school."
Jones' Career Statistics