Senior (2018): Team captain.
- Appeared in six games in relief.
- Pitched 2.1 innings as a situational specialist.
- Earned win against Portland.
- Pitched in seven games, all in relief.
- Missed half of the season due to injury.
- Struck out three in 5.2 innings.
- Did not allow a run in four appearances.
- Pitched in nine games, making one start.
- Struck out four in eight innings pitched.
- Made collegiate debut vs. The Citadel.
- Had seven appearances where he did not allow an earned run.
- Pitched a season-high 2.1 innings vs. San Diego State.
- Struck out season-high two batters vs. Northern Colorado.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered three years in baseball ... 2014 Perfect Game All-American Honorable Mention ... team captain as a junior and senior ... Coastal 3A All-Conference, Pitt County All-County Team as a sophomore, junior and senior ... Pitt County All-County Pitcher of the Year as a senior ... SCHS Baseball “Team Before Self” Leadership award winner as a sophomore and junior ... team MVP as a senior ... Three-time Pitt County Classic All-Tournament ... Three-time member of EvoShield Canes Southeast Baseball Showcase ... 2011 USA Baseball National Team Invitation Series (NTIS) invitee ... graduated with 4.57 GPA and ranked 11th out of 382 students in class ... three-time National Honor Society, NHS leadership officer, four-time National Math & Science Honor Society ... high school baseball coach was Robert Langston ... played summerball for EvoShield Canes.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 35 ... son of Jake and Karen Jacobs ... has a younger brother ... father played collegiate baseball at East Carolina and professionally in the Kansas City Royals organization ... nickname is `Tuck’ ... favorite food is spaghetti, favorite class subject is history, favorite book is Lone Survivor, favorite TV show is ESPN, favorite movie is Ace Ventura and person in history he’d most like to meet is God ... credits his father as having the biggest influence on his sports career because of their bond of baseball ... something most people don’t know about him is that he loves the outdoors ... greatest personal sports moment is pitching 10 innings in a win against his cross-town rivals to put team in first place of conference.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to the Academy because I wanted to serve my country and I wanted to be the best man I could be. I knew that no other college in the country could provide me with that opportunity like this one.”
Jacobs Career Statistics