- AF freshman record 10 sac bunts.
- 10 sac bunts in 2015 is tied for second most at AF in a season.
- 2016 Academic All-Mountain West
- 2015 Academic All-Mountain West
- Played in 44 games, making 37 starts.
- Batted .276 with 32 hits, 11 runs and 15 RBIs.
- Threw out 17 baserunners attempting to steal, ranking second in the Mountain West.
- Third on team with four sac bunts.
- Had three hits against Nevada and San Diego State.
- Had eight multi-hit games.
- 2016 Academic All-Mountain West.
- Played and started all 52 games at catcher.
- Set a school record for freshmen with 10 sac bunts and ranked 6th in the MW.
- Second in the Mountain West with 29 runners caught attempting to steal.
- Threw out two baserunners attempting to steal in a game seven times.
- Eighth in the MW with 416 chances and ninth with 347 putouts.
- Batted .224 with 36 hits, nine doubles, 28 runs and 19 RBIs.
- Made collegiate debut vs. The Citadel.
- First career hit was against The Citadel.
- Homered against Utah Valley.
- Academic All-Mountain West.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered four years in varsity baseball ... team captain as a senior, batting .367 and leading team in homers and slugging ... First-Team All-Eastern League as a sophomore ... Rookie of the Year as a freshman, batting .391 ... led Country Day to three Eastern League titles ... Principals Honor Roll four years, National Society of High School Scholars, Academic excellence in English, Chemistry, Spanish, Lifetime fitness, World History, and Christian Vocation ... Society of Saints scholar program, National Honor Society, Cum Laude Society ... high school baseball coach was John Edman ... played summer ball for the San Diego Show, coached by Brian Cain.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 20 ... son of Donald and Carlene Wilkie ... has a younger sister ... grandfather is a retired Army aviator ... credits his uncle as the greatest influence on his sporting career because he coached him on the mental side of baseball and taught him how to handle adversity ... has a cousin, Joshua Hunt Wilkie, that played collegiate baseball at George Washington and pitched in the Washington Nationals minor league organization ... if he could chose a person from history, he would like the chance to meet the Wright brothers because they sparked the industry of powered flight ... favorite food is San Diego Mexican, favorite class subjects are science and Spanish ... favorite TV show is Band of Brothers, favorite movie is Forrest Gump.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to the Academy to seek adventure, to challenge myself, and become the best person I can be. The opportunity to obtain an amazing education and serve my country, while also playing Div. I baseball is unmatched.”
Wilkie Career Hitting Stats