The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
Notable: Attended the University of Nevada in 2013 and played one year of baseball...is a junior academically at Air Force.
- Played in 57 games, making 55 starts. Started 54 games at second base.
- Batted .274 with 55 hits, 12 doubles, 28 runs and 29 RBIs.
- Fielded .969 with 97 putouts and 187 assists.
- Ranked second in the Mountain West in assists and was ninth with 38 double play’s turned.
- Homered against Nevada and San Diego State.
- Stole five bases.
- Drew three walks and scored four-runs, both tied for team single-game high’s, both done vs. Northern Colorado.
- Had 14 mult-hit games and two four-RBI games.
- Had a season-best eight game hitting streak.
- Raised batting average 73 points from sophomore season.
- Played in and started 48 games at shortstop.
- Fielded .931 with 86 putouts and 177 assists.
- Ranked 5th in the conference in assists and 9th with 31 double plays.
- Batted .201 with 35 hits, 24 runs and 18 RBIs.
- Ranked 10th in the MW with 10 stolen bases.
- Homered against San José State.
- Made Air Force debut vs. The Citadel.
- First hit at Air Force was also against The Citadel.
- Season-high three hits vs. Jacksonville State.
- Tied a school record with four double plays turned in a game.
- Had 10 assists vs. Fresno State.
- Played in 37 games, making 16 starts at Nevada
- Batted .197 with 12 hits.
- Fielded .932 as a shortstop at Nevada.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered three years in baseball and two in football ... all-city and first-team all-league ... team captain, team MVP and first-team all-league in football ... 2012 Woodcreek High School Athlete of the Year ... National Honors Society member ... Boys State Delegate ... high school baseball coach was Kelly Mayo.
PERSONAL: Son of Paul and Cindy Mize ... has an older sister ... father played collegiate baseball at Hawai'I and spent six years playing professionally in the Oakland Athletics organization ... favorite food is Tacos, favorite class subject is behavioral science, favorite book is Heads Up Baseball, favorite TV show is Planet Earth, favorite movie is The Sandlot ... credits his parents as having the biggest influence on his sports career since they have never done anything but support him in any of his life goals, helped him stay level headed and keep it all in perspective ... greatest personal moment in sports is winning the section championship his senior year in baseball.
Why I came to the Academy: "I came to the Academy because I wanted to serve my country and be challenged to see how far I could push myself. I liked the thought of being surrounded by the country's best leaders."
Mize Air Force Hitting Stats