-2018 ABCA/Rawlings All-Midwest Region Second Team.
-2018 All-Mountain West Second Team.
-2018 Team MVP
-Second in Mountain West in 2018 with 19 baserunners thrown out.
-Led Mountain West in 2017 with 24 baserunners thrown out.
-Also 2017 MW Top 10 in sac bunts (2nd - 9) and fac flies (4th - 4).
- Nine sac bunts in 2017 is tied for fifth-most in a season at Air Force.
- Started all 53 games at catcher.
- Led Mountain West with 24 baserunners thrown out attempting to steal.
- Hit five home runs and drove in 34 runs, while scoring 29.
- Led team and ranked second in MW with nine sac bunts.
- Nine sac bunts ranks tied for fifth-most in a season at Air Force.
- Ranked fourth in the MW and tied for team-lead with four sac flies.
- Second on team with 23 walks.
- Batted .236 with 43 hits.
- Had three hits against Fresno State and New Mexico.
- Scored three runs in a game vs. UNLV.
- Homered against Northern Colorado, Fresno State (twice), UCCS and San Diego State.
- Drove in five runs with a grand slam vs. UCCS.
- Appeared in 33 games, making 20 starts.
- Batted .240 with 18 hits and five doubles.
- Drove in five runs and scored nine.
- Drew 10 walks and stole two bases.
- fourth on team with three sac bunts.
- Threw out 12 base runners attempting to steal, ranking fifth in the Mountain West.
- Made debut against Adams State, drawing a walk, stealing a base and scoring a run.
- First-career hit was against Nevada.
- Went 3-for-4 with two doubles and two runs scored against SIUE.
HIGH SCHOOL (North Paulding): Three-year letterwinner in baseball…named captain of the baseball team for three-consecutive years…high school was Dennis Jordan…member of the National Honor Society…played summer baseball for East Cobb Astros, coached by Jamie Crane.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 32…son of Bob and Lisa Dau…has a great grandfather, grandfather and uncle that attended the Naval Academy…favorite food is barbeque chicken and rice…favorite book is Fearless…favorite movie is Top Gun…hobbies include reading, rock climbing and mountain biking…credits his parents for having the biggest influence on his sports career.
Why I came to the Academy: “I wanted to go somewhere I could push myself, and I wanted to be different than all of my friends back home.”
Dau Career Hitting Stats