- Playing summer ball for Holly Springs Salamanders in Coastal Plain League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Pitched in 19 games, making nine starts.
- Ranked fourth on team in appearances and third in starts.
- Posted 3-5 record and 5.79 ERA, both ranking third on team.
- Struck out 44 in 65.1 innings pitched, both ranking third on team.
- Had wins against Adams State and two against Northern Colorado.
- Had two saves, coming against San Diego State and Nevada.
- Pitched career-high six innings against San Jose State and Mexico.
- Struck out career-high six against Omaha and Mexico.
- Did not allow a run in seven outings.
- Pitched in 12 games, making two starts.
- Struck out 14 in 20.0 innings pitched with 6.58 ERA.
- Started against Utah Valley and San Diego State in MW Championships.
- Made debut vs. Missouri.
- Pitched a season-high three innings against San Diego State.
- Stuck out three batters against San Diego State, twice.
- Had six scoreless appearances.
- Had a 3.12 ERA in conference games.
HIGH SCHOOL: Lettered four years in baseball ... second-team all-conference as a senior … team captain as junior and senior ... received academic letters for all four years … high school baseball coach was Ryan Fitzgerald.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 8...son of Tony and Brenda Biancalana … has an older sister ... related to former MLB player, Buddy Biancalana, who played for the Kansas City Royals ... future career plans are to become a C-17 pilot ... on the Commandant’s list ... active in his squadron as the A-1 element non-commissioned officer and security clerk ... greatest moment in sports was the Kansas City Royals winning World Series in 2015 ... favorite food is BBQ ribs ... favorite movie is The Other Guys ... person in history he’d most like to meet is Ronald Reagan ... something not many people know about him is that he can cook ... credits his dad as having the greatest influence on his athletic career ... favorite MLB players are Matt Harvey and Aroldis Chapman ... claims to have a striking resemblance to Syndrome from the Incredibles ... spent his summer camping and flying remote control planes.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to the Academy to play Div. I baseball but also take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity that is too good to pass up.”
Biancalana Career Statistics