The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
- 2016 Academic All-Mountain West
- 2015 Academic All-Mountain West
- 2014 Academic All-Mountain West
- Pitched in nine games before sitting out remainder of season with an injury.
- Struck out 11 in 10.1 innings pitched.
- Did not allow a run in four outings.
- MW All-Academic.
- Appeared in nine games, all in relief.
- Last game pitched was March 28 at Jacksonville State, having to sit out remainder of season with arm injury.
- Posted 6.48 in 8.1 innings pitched, striking out eight.
- Had 1-1 record and one save.
- Earned win vs. Navy.
- Earned save vs. UNLV.
- After allowing five runs in first appearance, did not allow a run in next seven appearances and just one over last eight.
- Picked up second Academic All-Mountain West honor.
- Appeared in 27 games, all in relief.
- Led team with four saves and 3.12 ERA amongst relievers.
- Ranked seventh in the Mountain West in appearances, third with 21 games finished and sixth in saves.
- Tied for eighth in appearances in a season at the Academy and is second amongst AF freshmen.
- His 3.12 ERA is the lowest ever in the Mountain West era (min 30 IP) and fifth all-time by an AF frosh and lowest since 1979.
- Four saves is second-most by an AF freshman.
- Recorded saves against Navy, two against South Dakota State and one against Nevada.
- Posted 3.38 ERA in MW games.
- Struck out five in 3.1 innings against UNLV.
- Also struck out four in relief against Washington and Navy.
- Made collegiate debut against Washington, earning the win with 2.2 hitless and scoreless innings of relief.
- Did not allow an earned run in 18 outings.
- Had a six game streak of not allowing a run.
- Allowed just three earned runs over his last 14 outings, spanning 17 innings (1.59 ERA).
- Allowed just one earned run or fewer over last 17 outings.
- Academic All-Mountain West.
HIGH SCHOOL (Harding Academy):Lettered four years in baseball and two in basketball...Rawlings/Perfect Game 2013 Southeast Region Preseason All-American Honorable Mention...17th ranked RHP from Tennessee according to Perfect Game...all-state, all-district, all-region, all-region tournament, MVP, All-Shelby Metro and Harding Academy Pitcher of the Year as a junior and senior...7-1 record with 0.93 ERA to go with 72 strikeouts and just three walks in 52.2 innings pitched as a senior...1.29 ERA and 78 strikeouts as a junior...high school baseball coach was Al Stevens...played summer ball for the Memphis Tigers, coached by Ricky Echols...National Honor Society member and honor graduate.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 30...son of Charles and Tracy Stanford...has an older brother...favorite food is bacon wrapped chicken...favorite book is Frankenstein...favorite TV show is SportsCenter...favorite movie is the Shawshank Redemption...credits his father as having the biggest influence on his sports career...the most noteworthy thing about his hometown is that was the home of Elvis Presley and his house, Graceland...enjoys golfing, fishing and any sports when away from baseball...favorite non-traditional sport to watch is Olympic swimming.
Why I came to the Academy: "To receive an outstanding education and become a U.S. Air Force officer."
Stanford Career Statistics