The 41 student-athletes are the most ever in Mountain West sponsored sports only
The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
- 2017 Mountain West Scholar Athlete
- 2017 Academic All-Mountain West
- 2016 Academic All-Mountain West
- 8th in strikeouts in MW in 2017.
- Pitched in 15 games, leading team with 12 starts.
- Also led team with 64 strikeouts and 72.0 innings pitched.
- Ranked eighth in MW in strikeouts.
- Posted 4-5 record with 6.75 ERA.
- Struck out 10 in complete game win over Tulane in season debut.
- Had six games with at least five strikeouts.
- Also earned wins over San Jose State, UCCS and Charleston Southern.
- Allowed one run in eight innings in relief for win vs. Charleston Southern.
- Struck out eight vs. UNLV and seven vs. Fresno State.
- MW Scholar Athlete.
- Academic All-MW.
- Played summer ball for Fayetteville Swampdogs in Coastal Plain League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Led team with 24 pitching appearances.
- Third amongst relievers with 4.71 ERA.
- Struck out 33 in 42 innings pitched.
- Tied for team lead with two saves.
- Also made three starts.
- Posted 3-2 record.
- Made debut in season-opener against Buffalo.
- Earned wins against San Jose State, SIUE and Northern Colorado.
- Saves came against UNLV and Fresno State.
- Season-high six innings pitched against Northern Colorado.
- Struck out five in another outing vs. Northern Colorado.
- Academic All-MW.
HIGH SCHOOL (Franklin): Lettered four years in baseball and two in basketball…all-district second-team as a senior…district co-pitcher of the year as a sophomore in 2013…National Honor Society member…high school baseball coach was Jon Whipple…played summer ball for Knight’s baseball, coached by Alec Romanoff.
PERSONAL: Member of squadron 34…parents are Glenn and Sissie Hargreaves…has an older sister…favorite food is bacon cheeseburgers…favorite class subject is calculus…favorite book is Into the Wild…favorite TV show is Saturday Night Live…favorite movie is Gladiator…person in history he’d most like to meet is Benjamin Franklin…something not many people know about him is that he has a slight obsession with cars and trucks…credits his dad as having the biggest influence on his sports career because he’s been his biggest supporter and coach from day one and he can’t thank him enough for that…most noteworthy thing about his home town is that is was once voted the number one small town in Tennessee…greatest personal sports moment was hitting his first home run at age ten, which was a grand slam.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to USAFA to challenge myself mentally and physically and play the sport that I love at a high level. The opportunities and education here give me the chance to reach my full potential.”
Hargreaves Career Statistics