The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
-2017 Academic All-Mountain West
-Tied for team-lead with 24 pitching appearances in 2017.
- Tied for team-lead with 24 appearances, all in relief.
- Struck out 21 in 27.1 innings pitched.
- Posted 1-2 record.
- Second on team with 14 appearances in MW play.
- 11 appearances with no earned runs allowed.
- Career-high 3.2 innings pitched in win vs. Navy.
- Career high three strikeouts vs. Navy and Northern Colorado.
- Academic All-Mountain West.
- Played summer ball for Forest City Owls in Coastal Plain League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Pitched in six games.
- Struck out seven in five innings pitched.
- Made debut against Adams State.
- Did not allow a run in three outings.
- Struck out three against Northern Colorado.
HIGH SCHOOL (Lakeside): Three-time letterwinner in baseball and basketball…two-year letterman in football…first team all-region basketball selection in 2015…Perfect Game Second Team All-Southeast choice as a senior…named second team all-region for basketball as a junior…Basketball Scholar Athlete in 2014…played baseball at Lakeside for T.J. Davis…summer team was Scoutz, coached by Roger Wilkinson...National Honor Society member…finished in the top 5% of his graduating class…Army Scholar Athlete.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 32…parents are Gary and Darla Gilbert…has one brother and one sister…his grandfather, Don Monson, coached men’s basketball at Idaho and Oregon…his uncle, Dan Monson, is currently the men’s basketball coach at Long Beach State…his uncle, Gale Gilbert, played quarterback at collegiately at Cal and played in the NFL for the San Diego Chargers and Buffalo Bills…his cousin Garrett Gilbert, played college football at Texas and SMU and currently plays quarterback for the Detroit Lions…favorite food is steak and fettuccine alfredo…favorite book is The Bible…favorite movie is Lone Survivor…person from history he would most like to meet is Captain Lance P. Sijan…many people do not know he was born in Heidelberg, Germany…says his summer baseball coach, Roger Wilkinson, has had the biggest influence on his baseball career…the most noteworthy thing about his hometown is that it is located only ten minutes away from Augusta National Golf Course.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to the Academy because of the incredible opportunities I can take advantage of while also playing baseball.”
Gilbert Career Statistics