The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
- 2017 Academic All-Mountain West
- Ranked eighth in MW with five wins in 2017.
- Playing summer ball for Eau Claire Express in the Northwoods League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Appeared in 18 games, making 11 starts.
- Fourth on team in appearances and tied for second in starts.
- Tied for team lead with five wins, posting 5-3 record.
- Struck out 43 in 60.2 innings pitched.
- Second on team in innings pitched and fourth in strikeouts.
- Eighth in MW in wins.
- Tied for team-lead with four wins in MW games.
- Earned wins over Navy, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno State and New Mexico.
- Career-high six strikeouts vs. Fresno State.
- Career-high 6.2 innings pitched vs. Nevada.
- Academic All-Mountain West.
- Played summer ball for Eau Claire Express in Northwoods League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Pitched in nine games, making four starts.
- Pitched 20.1 innings, striking out seven.
- Made debut against Fresno State, tossing a scoreless inning of relief.
- First-career start against Iowa.
- Started MW Championship game vs. Nevada.
HIGH SCHOOL (Marcus): Two-year letterwinner in baseball…2015 first team all-district selection…second team all-district choice as a junior…played high school baseball for Jeff Sherman…played summer baseball for HV Storm…finished in the top 20 percent of a graduating class of nearly 800 students.
PERSONAL: Son of Thomas and Suzanna Nichols…has one older sister and two older brothers…favorite food is Mexican food…favorite book is The Maze Runner…favorite television show is How I Met Your Mother…favorite movie is Anchorman…if he could meet one person from history, it would be Leonardo da Vinci…credits his dad for being the biggest influence on his life and baseball career…says the most noteworthy aspect of his hometown are the great parks and a large lake.
Why I came to the Academy: “To serve my country, receive a great education all while playing baseball with no student loans to pay.”
Nichols Career Statistics