- Played in 48 games, making 44 starts.
- Batted .357 with 55 hits and 39 runs scored.
- Fifth on team with 30 walks, posting a .447 on base percentage.
- Hit 13 doubles and three triples, driving in 26 runs.
- Fielded .989 with just one error in 92 chances.
- Ranked in MW Top 10 in on-base percentage (8th) and triples (8th).
- Had six three-hit games and 11 multi-hit games.
- Drove in four runs in a game vs. UNLV.
- Drew three walks and scored four runs in a game vs. Fresno State.
- Playing summer ball for Forest City Owls in Coastal Plain League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Played in 25 games, making one start.
- Batted .231 with three hits and eight runs scored.
- Made debut vs. Buffalo.
- First career-hits were against SIUE, with a double, run and RBI.
- Scored a run in Air Force’s MW Championship game against Fresno State.
- Had five putouts in the outfield.
HIGH SCHOOL (Burlington Central HS): Three-year letterman in baseball…two-time letterwinner in basketball…baseball team captain as a senior…all-conference selection in both baseball and basketball in 2015...IHSBCA All-Area selection his senior season, the first player in school history to be given the honor… academic all-state choice as a senior…varsity co-captain on the basketball team his senior season…named Athlete of the Year at Burlington Central in 2015…all-conference in baseball as a junior…Daily Herald All-Area choice in 2014…high school coach was Kyle Nelson…played summer baseball for Downers Grove Longshots, managed by Mike Flanagan…National Honor Society member…all-conference scholar athlete throughout high school…recipient of 2015-16 Illinois State Scholar for Outstanding Athletic Achievement.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 11...son of Phil and Berna Wiss…has one older sister…biology major...favorite food is sushi…favorite book is The Mental Game of Baseball…enjoys watching SportsNation or Ridiculousness…favorite movies are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Dodgeball and the Lord of the Rings series…person he would most like to meet is Ernie Banks…enjoys fishing in his free time…credits his parents for having the biggest influence on him throughout his sports career...favorite MLB team is the Chicago Cubs...best sports moment was watching Game Seven of the 2017 World Series...favorite quotes: "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." -- Michael Jordan. "Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing." -- Shane Patton.
Why I came to the Academy: “I chose to attend the Academy because there is an amazing combination of academics and athletics. It allows me to play at the highest level of college baseball while at the same time studying at an elite level for academics. I believe the Academy will open a countless number of doors for me in the future. The Academy offers me the greatest opportunity to play the sport I love while making the biggest difference for our nation.”
Wiss Career Hitting Stats