The 75 honorees is the third most since the Falcons joined the MW in 1999-2000
- 2017 Academic All-Mountain West
- Averaged a homer every 9.1 at bats in 2017.
- Played in 31 games, making 14 starts.
- Hit seven home runs in 64 at bats.
- Homered once every 9.1 at bats.
- Batted .369 (24 for 65).
- Scored 25 runs and drove in 16.
- Slugged .815 with .446 on base percentage.
- First-career home run came against Omaha.
- Also homered in back-to-back games vs. New Mexico.
- Homered twice in game against San Diego State.
- Also homered against Charleston Southern.
- Scored three runs in a game three times.
- Drove in four runs against Omaha.
- Academic All-MW.
- Played summer ball for Eau Claire Express in Northwoods League during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- Played in six games.
- Had two hits and one run scored.
- First-career hit in first-career at bat vs. Adams State.
- Second hit came in second-career at bat vs. Iowa.
HIGH SCHOOL (Coppell): Three-year letterwinner in baseball…team captain as a senior…Perfect Game Preseason All-American prior to his senior season…Preseason Perfect Game Second Team All-Region entering 2015…second team all-district his senior year…first team all-district selection as a junior…Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American entering his junior year…represented North Texas at USA Baseball’s National Team Identification Series…played for Kendall Clark at Coppell HS…summer baseball team was Dallas Mustangs, coached by Barry Hoffpauir.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 28…Parents are Rob and Kristi Jones…has two brothers…his brother, Tyler, played baseball at Air Force from 2014-17…his father Rob played baseball at TCU from 1986-89…his grandfather Bob played baseball and basketball at SMU from 1964-67…high school teammate Tyler Zabojnik is also on the team at Air Force…nickname is DJ…favorite food is steak with fried rice…favorite book is The Bible…favorite movie is American Sniper.
Why I came to the Academy: “I came to Academy because it presented opportunities that other schools did not. Not only will I get to play college baseball but I will receive a degree from the number one public school in the country and do other things every other college baseball player will never get to do.
Jones Career Hitting Stats