- 87 hits in 2016 ranks third all-time.
- 60 runs scored in 2016 ranks tied for 7th all-time in a season at AF.
- Led Mountain West in stolen bases in 2015 (21) and 2016 (19).
- Mountain West Player of the Week (Feb. 22, 2016)
- 2016 Perfect Game Preseason All-Mountain West
- 2016 College Sports Madness Preseason All-MW (first team OF)
- 2015 Mountain West All-Conference (second team OF)
- 2015 College Sports Madness All-MW (first team OF)
- 2015 Team MVP
Played summer ball for the Forest City Owls of the Coastal Plain League in Forest City, NC, during his three weeks of allowed leave from cadet duties.
- In 12 games, batted .311 with .439 on base percentage with 14 runs, and six stolen bases.
- Played all 57 games, starting 56.
- Batted .378 with 87 hits, 16 doubles, eight triples and 60 runs scored.
- Led Mountain West for second-consecutive season in stolen bases with 19.
- Ranked fifth in the nation with eight triples.
- MW Top 10 in nine offensive categories.
(Average - 4th/.378)
(Slugging - 4th/.583)
(On Base Pct. - 3rd/.453)
(Runs - 3rd/60)
(Hits - 4th/87)
(Triples - 2nd/8)
(Total Bases - 5th/134)
(Walks - 8th/27)
(Stolen Bases - 1st/19)
- MW Player of the Week on Feb. 22, 2016.
- 87 hits is third most in a season at Air Force.
- Eight triples is tied for fourth-most in a season at Air Force.
- Stole three bases in a game against Buffalo and Omaha.
- Second on team with 29 mult-hit games.
- Had a team-best 24 game streak of reaching base and was second with a 12-game hitting streak.
- Batted leadoff in every game started.
- Team MVP and All-Mountain West Second Team Outfielder
- Led Mountain West with 25 doubles and 21 stolen bases.
- 25 doubles is second most in a season at Air Force.
- Started all 52 games in centerfield, batting .338 with 75 hits, 47 runs, five home runs and 27 RBIs.
- Ranked on MW Top 10 in six offensive categories.
(Slugging - 9th/.527)
(Runs - 10th/47)
(Hits - 6th/75)
(Doubles - 1st/25)
(Total Bases - 7th/117)
(Stolen Bases - 1st/21)
- Led Air Force in seven offensive categories.
- Also led team with 21 multi-hit games and team-best 14 game hitting streak.
- Stole three bases in a game against Utah Valley.
- Had three games with three doubles.
- Played in 38 games, making 24 starts at second.
- Ranked third on the team with 80 assists.
- Fielded .944.
- Had 12 hits and scored nine runs.
- Team-leading six sac bunts tied for the third-most in school history by a freshman.
- Had one double and hit a home run against Northern Colorado.
- Scored two runs and was hit by two pitches in debut against Washington.
- Went 2-for-4 with two runs and the homer against Northern Colorado.
- Also had two hits against Fresno State.
- Had seven assists against UNLV.
HIGH SCHOOL (Turlock):Lettered two years in baseball...2013 Under Armour Preseason All-American...2012 Perfect Game Preseason All-American Honorable Mention...First-Team All-Central California Conference third baseman as a senior...helped lead Turlock to CCC Championship with 28-3 record, including school-record 26 wins in a row...runner-up in CIF Sac-Joaquin South Division...led team in batting (.392), hits (38), RBIs (30), runs (29), home runs (4) and triples (3) as a senior...homered twice, tripled and drove in eight runs in a game...Stanislaus County All-Star games participant...two-time all-academic...California Scholarship Federation life member...high school baseball coach was Mark De la Motte...played summer ball for Rawlings, coached by Tim Thiessen...also ran cross country as a freshman and sophomore, qualifying for CIF Sac-Joaquin Sub-Sections...played competitive soccer until 2008, getting selected to NorCal Premier ODP program.
PERSONAL: Member of cadet squadron 8...son of Neal and Kim Groesbeck...has an older sister...favorite food is steak...favorite book is Into the Wild...favorite TV show is Big Bang Theory...favorite movie is The Fast and Furious...person in history he'd most like to meet is Jackie Robinson...something not many people know about him is that he likes to have a good time while getting what he needs to be done...credits his dad as having the biggest influence on his sports career...enjoys being active and watching sports and movies when way from baseball...favorite non-traditional sporting event to watch on TV is Beach Volleyball.
Why I came to the Academy: "I didn't want to be average. It was a challenge and everything it offered was better than any other normal university."
Groesbeck Career Stats