U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo. - Air Force fencers host the annual Falcon Open in a two-day event, Saturday, Oct. 31and Sunday, Nov. 1 at the USAFA Cadet Gymnasium. This event is open to the public.
On Saturday, the scheduled events included the senior and junior men's epee, foil and saber tournaments. Schedule to compete for Air Force in the senior men's epee tournament are Robert Chado, Elias Johnson, Nathan Lee, Alexander Pollack and James Salem. In the saber competition are Ryan Andrieux, Matthew Bergstedt and Kainoa Chun-Moy. In foil are Michael Bonneau, Alexander Elwers, Morgan Geneste and Nicholas Pollack.
In the junior tournament, Lee and Cameron Sullivan will fence men's epee. Bonneau, Geneste and Nicholas Pollack will fence in the foil tournament. In saber, Chun-Moy is the only Air Force fencer schedule to fence.
On Sunday, the senior women's epee tournament will include AFA's Sara Cook, Virginia Long, Schaeffer McHenry, Jacqueline Orcutt and Silvia Seraly. In foil, Waverly Hock, Mary McElwee, Nicole Quattrociocchi and Elianna Ryan are the only scheduled fencers in the tournament at the time of this post. Erin Cochran, Lydia Kim and Lauren Sides will fence saber.
Cook and Orcutt are scheduled to fence in the junior women's epee tournament. Quattrociocchi and Ryan are the only two scheduled to fence in the foil tournament at the time of this post. In saber, Sides is the only AFA fencer scheduled to fence, the current field of seven fencers is still open at the time of this post.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: .
Saturday, October 31, 2015
- 8:30-9:30 AM: Senior Men's Epee
- 9:00-10:00 AM: Senior Men's Foil
- 9:30-10:30 AM: Senior Men's Saber
- 11:30-12:30 PM: Junior Men's Epee
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Junior Men's Foil
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Junior Men's Saber
- Sunday, November 1, 2015
- 8:30-9:30 AM: Y12 Men's Epee
- 8:30-9:30 AM: Y12 Women's Epee
- 8:30-9:30 AM: Senior Women's Epee
- 9:00-10:00 AM: Senior Women's Foil
- 9:30-10:30 AM: Senior Women's Saber
- 10:30-11:30 AM: Y14 Men's Epee
- 10:30-11:30 AM: Y14 Women's Epee
- 11:30-12:30 PM: Junior Women's Epee
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Junior Women's Foil
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Junior Women's Saber
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Y10 Men's Epee
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Y10 Women's Epee