Air Force Post-Game Notes
Vs. California (Dec. 31, 2007)
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth, TX
- Air Force is using game captains this season. The captains
for the bowl game were seniors Shaun Carney (QB), TB/WR Chad Hall, ILB
Drew Fowler and OLB John Rabold. The team is also using honorary captains
this season. Former Air Force head coach Fisher DeBerry served as the honorary
- Air Force extended its consecutive games scoring streak to 181 games. The
last time Air Force was shutout was Dec. 31, 1992, vs. Mississippi (13-0)
in the Liberty Bowl. The 181-game streak is the longest in school history
and ranks as the sixth-longest active streak in the nation.
- Air Force scored on its opening drive of the game for the fifth time this
season and third time in the last four games. The five scores are made up
of three touchdowns and two field goals.
- The Falcons scored on their opening drive of the second half for the eighth
time this season. The eight scores consist of four touchdowns and four field
- Air Force lost for the first time this season (9-1) when a player rushes
for 100 or more yards. Quarterback Shaun Carney rushed for 108 yards and
tailback Jim Ollis added 101 in the bowl game.
- California’s 42 points are the most AF has given up this season.
The previous was 34 at New Mexico.
- Senior QB Shaun Carney recorded his second 100-yard rushing
performance of the season and fifth of his career. Carney rushed for 108.
His previous season high was 113 yards vs. Utah.
- Junior PK Ryan Harrison kicked three field goals which
give him 19 field goal of the season, which ties a single season Air Force
record. His 19 field goals tie the record of David Adams in 2000 and Dave
Lawson in 1974. Harrison kicked a 47-yard field goal in the fourth quarter
which is a Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl record.
- Ryan Harrison scored 12 points in the game to give him
101 for the season which is the most in a single season for a kicker in Air
Force history. He broke the previous record of 94 points set in 2000 by David
- Junior WR Spencer Armstrong started his first game of
- Senior OLB John Rabold recorded a tackle for loss in his
11th consecutive game and has at least one TFL in 12 of 13 games this season.
- Senior TB Jim Ollis rushed for 101 yards to record his
third 100-yard performance of the season.