2007 FALCON SPORTS CAMP PARTICIPANT
Welcome to another great year of Falcon Sports Camp. On behalf of the entire Air Force Academy athletic staff, we say thanks for choosing our camps.
1. Thanks again for choosing our camp! Please note the address card inside your envelope. At the bottom of your card you will find the week and sport your camper will be participating in. If this information is not available please call us at 719-333-2116. If you have other questions regarding your camp please go to our website: www.goairforcefalcons.com and click onto Sports Camps.
2. Camp check-in for Weeks 1 & 2, will take place on Sunday (6/10 or 6/17) between the hours of 11:00am to 5:00pm at the Cadet Field House. (Girls' Basketball Only) For those registered in the Week 1/Mini camp 1, check-in will take place on Sun 11am-5pm. All traffic should enter through the North Gate of the Air Force Academy, exit 156B off I-25. Travel up North Gate Blvd to the Cadet Field House. If you have paid in full prior to check-in, go directly to your sport's check-in table. If you owe a balance on camp fees - please proceed to the ticket windows. Personal checks will not be accepted on registration day or after the cutoff date of June 1. We encourage full payment on your account before your check-in date. This will help speed up the registration process. To make payment by phone with a credit card please call: 800-666-8723 or 719-472-1895. After June 1st, only a cashier's check, money order, credit/debit card or cash are accepted. Mail payment to: Falcon Sports Camp, 2168 Field House Dr/Ste 409, USAFA, CO 80840. Please give us your name and account number of your camper.
3. Drive-In boarders will be asked to bring all personal belongings with them when they arrive to check-in for camp. Bags will be placed outside the South entrance of the Field House. After registration - the boarder will be directed to the south parking lot to board a shuttle bus that will transport them to the dormitory area. Please note; all bags will be subject to search. Security measures prohibit parents from driving to the dormitory area.
4. If you are flying, we will provide transportation to/from the Academy. Campers will not be met at their gate. We ask you to proceed downstairs to the Falcon Sports Camps desk in the baggage claim area. Please schedule your inbound flight to arrive from 9:00am--2:00pm on Sun. We will however, try to be flexible regarding your flight arrivals. For the return trip, optimum departure time is between 2:00 & 5:00pm. Your camper will be taken back to the Colo Springs airport for their return flight. If you are picking up your camper, please do so by 1:00pm on Friday at the Cadet Field House. (End of camp pick-up days will differ for Week 1 Mini camp). Transportation will not be provided to/from DIA (Denver). Submit your flight info online at our main page: www.goairforcefalcons.com click on Sports Camps & then Flight Info, or fax to (719) 333-9408 by June 1.
5. Boarders staying in the cadet dormitory will need to provide their own linen (twin bed) or sleeping bag, pillow, towels, washcloth, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, and any other necessary toiletries. All campers will need to bring enough clothes to last for the 5 days of camp. Nights here can get quite cool so a lightweight coat or wind suit is recommended. Please do not send TV's, stereos, skateboards or other large bulky items. Items of high dollar value, i.e. IPODs, Laptops & DVD players are also highly discouraged. Each camper will need their own personal equipment (Hockey-pads/skates/helmet/sticks, Lax-sticks/pads/helmet, Golf clubs and all necessary work-out clothes). Sunscreen is recommended. It's a good idea to bring a padlock to secure your valuables in your room. Please identify your bags with your name, sport, address and phone numbers.
6. Breakfast and dinner will be in the cadet dining hall. Lunch will be provided inside the Cadet Field House. No vegetarian or special meals will be provided. Lunch will not be provided on Fridays (exception: Mini Camp).
7. Campers are responsible for self administering any prescribed medicine. Medical info will be given to the nurses on duty to monitor. If applicable, please send a note listing the medicine, dosage, and ailment.
8. Boarders will have an abundance of scheduled Night Recreational activities
available during their stay. From 6:00 to 9:00pm, boarders will be located
in a variety of venues so contacting your camper may be difficult. If
you have an emergency, please contact the CQ desk at (719) 333-1625. A
runner will be sent to find your camper. If an emergency occurs during
regular hours (7:30am-4:30pm) call the camp office (719) 333-2116.
9. Campers who drive their own vehicles will be asked to park in the Cadet Field House East lot on Check-In day and may not use them again until the end of camp. NOTE TO PARENTS: Please stress to your camper that a "Parking Pass" will be available during Check-In and must be displayed on their car's dashboard.
10. Following camp Check-In on Sunday, boarders will meet their counselor and will then be escorted to dinner. Following dinner, a mandatory meeting for all boarders will be held starting at 7:00pm in the Field House. Camp and security rules or questions will be addressed/answered at this meeting. Failure to follow camp rules may result in dismissal with no refund. Our main goal is to provide the safest environment possible while still having fun. Questions on camp rules/policies should be directed to the Falcon Sports Camp Office at (719) 333-2116.
1. Commuter campers attending Week 1 or Week 2 will register on Sunday (6/10 or 6/17) between the hours of 11:00am and 5:00pm at the Cadet Field House. Note: (Girls' Basketball Only) For those registered in Week 1 mini camp, check-in for Mini Camp 1 will be on Sunday (same time). For those registered in Mini Camp 2, registration will take place on Thur, June 14 from 7:30-8:30am. Registration for Week 3 will be on Mon morning from 7:00-8:00am. Enter only through the North Gate of the Air Force Academy. Once you arrive at the Field House, please park in the east parking lot and proceed to the front side of the Cadet Field House. If you have paid in full prior to check-in, go directly to your sports table. If you still have a balance due, please proceed to the ticket windows to the left side of the main lobby. No personal checks will be accepted on registration day or after the June 1 cutoff. Once your balance is paid, then go to your respective sport's camp table for check-in.
2. During camp, each camper is asked to dress appropriately for their sport. In case of rain, please bring a sweatshirt or windbreaker. Each camper will need their own personal equipment (Hockey-pads/skates/helmet/ sticks, Lax-stick/pads/helmet, Golf clubs and all necessary work-out clothes). Sunscreen is recommended. The gift shop and snack bar are open during the camp - so some spending money is a plus.
3. Commuters should be dropped off between 8:00 and 8:15 each morning and picked up in the afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00 Monday thru Thursday. Camp ends at 12:00 noon on Friday and campers need to be picked up no later than 1:00pm. The drop off and pickup point is in the East parking lot next to the Cadet Field House. Please note; (Girls' Basketball) Week 1 mini camp will end at 12:00 noon on Wed and 4:30pm Friday. Week 3 of Commuter Camp will be a 3-day camp. Camp will end on Wed at 4:30pm.
4. Lunch will be provided each day (Mon-Thur). No special or vegetarian meals will be provided. There will be no lunch served on Fridays. (Mini camp members are the exception).
5. If your camper is taking any kind of medication, please insure that it is well marked.
6. Campers who drive their own vehicle to camp must park their car in the East parking lot adjacent to the Cadet Field House and may not use it until the camp is over for the day.
7. If you have an emergency and you need to contact your camper, please call (719) 333-2116. A runner will be sent to bring the camper to a phone to call you back.
Thanks again for choosing Falcon Sports Camps as part of your summer fun! We look forward to your arrival and hope your visit is an enjoyable one. Please don't hesitate to call our office if you should have questions or concerns or visit our website at: www.goairforcefalcons.com & click on Sports Camps.
Sincerely, The Staff at Falcon Sports Camps