Football/Class of 1971
Ernie Jennings is widely known as the best receiver to ever play at the Academy and was regarded as one of the top wide outs in college football in the early `70s. He is one of Air Force's five consensus football All-Americans, earning the honor in 1970.
He still holds single-game school records for catches with 15 vs. Wyoming in 1969 and for receiving yards with 235 vs. the Cowboys the following year. His 74 catches for 1,289 yards in 1970 are still single-season Academy records.
He is the Air Force career record-holder for pass receptions (148), receiving yardage (2,392), touchdown catches (43), kickoff returns (43) and kickoff return yardage (1,053). He was the first Falcon to finish as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, finishing eighth in 1970. Jennings was the Air Force male athlete of the year in 1971.
• Central Press All-American team in 1969
• College Sports Information Directors of America Academic All-American in 1970
• Selected to play in the College All-Star game in 1971
• Consensus All-American in 1970
• Set a school record with 15 receptions vs. Wyoming in 1969
• Set a school record with 235 yards receiving vs. Wyoming in 1970
• Finished eighth in Heisman Trophy balloting in 1970
• AFA Male Athlete of Year, 1971
• Led team in receiving yards twice
• Set school records for season and career receiving yards