From The Camp Director:
Jan. 1, 2004
Welcome to another great year of Falcon Sports Camp. On behalf of the entire Air Force Academy athletic staff, we say thanks for choosing our camps.
1. Congratulations again! Please note the address card inside your envelope. At the bottom of your card you will find the week and sport your camper will be participating in. If this information is not available please call us at 719-333-2116/9532. If you have any other questions regarding your particular sport please go to Airforcesports.com and click onto the camp web-site. You may then scroll down to the sport you have enrolled in and receive more information if you so desire.
2. Camp check-in will take place on the Sunday preceding the camp between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Cadet Field House. Please enter through the North Gate of the Air Force Academy, exit 156B off of I-25. If you have paid in full prior to check-in, please proceed directly to your sport's check-in table. If you owe a balance on camp fees - proceed to the ticket windows. Personal checks will not be accepted on the day of registration or after the cutoff date of June 1, 2004. We encourage full payment on your account before the check-in date. This will help speed up the registration process. To make payment by phone with a credit card please call: 1-800-666-8723 or 719- 472-1895. After June 1st only a cashier's check, money order, credit card, or check card are accepted. To mail your payment, address the envelope to: Falcon Sports Camp, 2168 Field House Drive, Suite 409, USAFA, CO. 80840. Please give us your name, address, and what sport and week your son or daughter is attending.
3. Drive-In boarders will be asked to bring all personal belongings with them when they arrive to check-in for camp. Bags will be placed directly outside the South entrance of the Field House. After registration - the boarder will be directed back to the south parking lot to board busses that will transport them to the cadet dormitory area. Please note; all bags will be subject to search. Due to security measures, parents will not be allowed to drive their personal autos up to the dormitory area. NOTE TO PARENTS: Drive-In boarders must park in the two parking lots east of the Cadet Field House.
4. If you are flying into the Colorado Springs airport, we will provide transportation to and from the Academy. Campers will not be met at their gate. We ask that you proceed downstairs to the baggage area where the Falcon Sports Camp desk is located. Ideally, we ask that you schedule your inbound flight between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on that Sunday. You should try to schedule return flights on Friday between 1:00 pm and 4:00 p.m. Your camper will be transported back to the Colorado Springs airport for their return flight home. If you are picking up your camper, please do so between the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. on Friday at the Cadet Field House. Transportation will not be provided to or from Denver International Airport. Please provide your flight information to the Sports Camp office (Attn: Airport Transportation) by June 1, 2004 either by fax at (719) 333-9408, mail or e-mail. NOTE: Boarders who arrive via the Colorado Springs Airport will first process into the Cadet Dormitory prior to camp check-in
5. Campers staying in the cadet dorm will need to provide their own linen (twin bed) or sleeping bag, pillow, towels, washcloth, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, and any other necessary toiletries. In addition, all campers will need to bring enough clothes to last for the 5 days of camp. Nights at the Academy can get quite cool so a lightweight coat or sweat suit is recommended. Please do not send TV's, stereos, skateboards, rollerblades, or other large bulky type items. Depending on the sport - each camper will need their own personal equipment (hockey - pads/skates/helmet/sticks, bats/gloves, lacrosse - sticks/pads/helmet, golf clubs and all necessary workout clothes). Sunscreen is also recommended. It is also highly recommended that you bring a padlock to secure your valuables in your room. Campers will have access to snack bars and game rooms during the evening hours so you may want to send spending money with them. Be prudent in the amount that you send.
6. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the cadet-dining hall. Lunch will be provided inside the Cadet Field House from local caterers. No vegetarian or special meals will be provided. Lunch will not be provided on Fridays.
7. If your camper is taking any medication, please send a note listing the type, dosage, and what it is for. We will give that information to the nurses on duty to monitor during the week. Nurses may not administer the medication. Campers are responsible for self administering their prescribed medicine.
8. There are scheduled night recreation activities Sunday through Thursday nights for boarders only. Night Rec takes place in several of the athletic venues just north of the dormitory. During the hours of 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., boarders will be located in a variety of venues so contacting your camper will be difficult. If you have an emergency, please contact the checkout desk at (719) 333-1625. A runner will be sent to locate your camper and get them to a phone as quickly as possible. If an emergency occurs during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., please call the camp office (719) 333-2116/9532.
9. Campers who drive their own cars to camp will be asked to park them in the Cadet Field House parking lot on Sunday (East parking lots) and may not use them again until the camp is over on Friday.
10. Following camp Check-In on Sunday, boarders will meet their counselor and will then be escorted to Mitchell Hall for dinner. After dinner there is a mandatory meeting for all boarders in Clune basketball arena (Field House) starting at 7:00 p.m. During this meeting, camp rules, security measures, and questions will be addressed. Failure to follow camp rules may result in dismissal from camp with no refund being issued. Our main goal is to provide the safest environment possible while still having fun. Questions on camp rules or policies should be directed to the Falcon Sports Camp Office at (719) 333-2116/9532.
1. Commuter campers attending Week 1 or Week 2 will register on the Sunday preceding their respective camp between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Cadet Field House. Registration for Week 3 will be on Monday morning from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Enter only through the North Gate of the Air Force Academy and proceed west on North Gate Rd. Once you arrive at the Field House, please park in the northeast parking lot and proceed to the front side of the Cadet Field House. If you have paid in full prior to check in, proceed directly to your sports table. If you still have a remaining balance, proceed to the ticket windows to the left side of the lobby. No personal checks will be accepted on the day of registration. Once your remaining balance is paid, please proceed to your respective camp table for check-in.
2. Each camper is asked to dress for the sport that they are participating in. In case of rain, please bring a sweatshirt or windbreaker. Please bring your own personal equipment such as hockey - pads/skates/helmet/sticks, baseball - bats/gloves, and lacrosse - sticks/pads/helmet, etc. Because of the altitude, sunscreen is very important. The gift shop and snack bar are open during the camp - so spending money is a plus.
3. Commuters should be dropped off between 8:00 and 8:15 each morning and picked up in the afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00 Monday thru Thursday. The camp ends at 12:00 noon on Friday and campers need to be picked up no later than 1:00 p.m. The drop off and pickup point is in the East parking lot next to the Cadet Field House. Please note; Week 3 of commuter camp will be a 3-day camp. Camp will end on Wednesday, June 30th at 4:30pm.
4. Lunch will be provided each day from a variety of local vendors. No special or vegetarian meals will be provided. There will be no lunch served on Fridays.
5. If your camper is taking any kind of medication, please insure that it is well marked.
6. Campers who drive their own vehicle to camp must park their car in the East parking lot adjacent to the Cadet Field House and may not use it until the camp is over for the day.
7. If you have an emergency and you need to contact your camper, please call (719) 333-2116/9532. A runner will be sent to bring the camper to a phone to call you back.
Thanks again for choosing Falcon Sports Camps as part of your summer fun! We look forward to your arrival and hope your visit is an enjoyable one. Please don't hesitate to call our office if you should have questions or concerns. Thanks again!