Gymnastics Sports Camp
Jan. 1, 2004
SESSION I: June 14-18
2004: (Boarder and Commuter)
Camp General Information Letter
This letter is to provide you with information about the Air Force Gymnastics Camp. We are looking forward to having you spend a week with us doing gymnastics and learning new skills. Each day will include training on all four competitive events, as well as mini-trampoline, dance, strength and flexibility. We know that there are new skills that you want to work on, and we will help you with those skills. Our goals include having you gain a greater appreciation for the sport, and for this to be a FUN experience! We have assembled an outstanding coaching staff to work with you, and help you achieve your goals. Some important points:
1. Gymnastics workouts will be from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m., and 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. each day in the West Gymnasium of the Cadet Gym. There will be a 30 minute snack & relaxation break each afternoon, where you get a break from gymnastics and may purchase soft drinks and snacks if you wish.
2. Please bring your gymnastics gear (grips, shoes, leotards, etc.) as well as a swim suit. You may wear shorts, tee shirts, over your leotards. All personal items should have identifying markings.
3. On Monday we will conduct testing and gymnasts will be placed in groups according to skill level, experience, age, etc. This is to allow you to work on similar skills together. The schedule also has open gym periods where you can work on the events and skills you choose. Many use this time to work on new skills or to get one on one instruction.
4. You will receive your camp tee shirt and get a group and individual photo taken on Monday.
5. Friday will be an abbreviated schedule, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and ending with skits at approximately 10:45 and an "Awards Ceremony" at 11:15 in the West Gymnasium. We encourage family and friends to attend the Friday session.
We are looking forward to working with you in another great Falcon Gymnastics Camp!
LOU BURKEL and LISA