AFA Sports Camps Rules & Camp Guidelines
Below are some of our rules and guidelines for campers to follow during AFA Sports Camps. Some of these rules are a given, but we believe they are critical for campers to understand. Our #1 priority is the safety and wellbeing of our campers.
- DRUGS! The possession or use of illegal drugs will lead to automatic dismissal (subject to legal prosecution).
- Absolutely no tobacco, alcohol, explosives, laser pointers, knives, or firearms are allowed.
- The use of foul language, fighting, horseplay, sneaking out of the dorm, bullying, making fun of, etc. or any type of inappropriate behavior is prohibited and may lead to immediate dismissal from camp.
- Contact with cadets other than your cadet camp counselor (official camp business only) is forbidden.
- Boarders - Be sure to safeguard your dorm key and camp credential! If you lose your key, go to your counselor or the dorm's information desk immediately. Lost keys will incur a $10.00 charge.
**Please wear your camp credential at all times.
- Safeguard valuables! From time to time, theft does occur. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Our staff does everything it can to try and prevent such occurrences, so please do not bring large sums of money, and please safeguard wallets, purses, etc. Keep dorm room/locker locked at all times & don't give your key to anyone. Bring an additional lock and use the available locker in your room as an area to safeguards these types of items.
- Get involved in our Night Recreation program. We have ice skating, tennis, volleyball, movies, games, and more)...(Note: This is for our "Overnight" Boarders only, that reside in the Cadet dormitory).
- ABSOLUTELY NO MALE BOARDERS are permitted on the 6th floor of the dormitory.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FEMALE BOARDERS are permitted on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors of the dormitory.
- Dress Code - No lewd or provocative clothing is allowed. Those who are wearing inappropriate clothing will be asked to change their clothes immediately.
- Mitchell Hall Dining Facility - No sandals, flip-flops, swimming suits, tank tops, robes, or pajamas are allowed during breakfast or dinner.
- At 7,200 feet, water is an essential part of your daily diet. Drink plenty of it throughout the week!
- Get to know your staff. It's important to know your Cadet leadership, and Cadet Counselors.
- Lights Out at 10:30pm nightly.
- Turn in your dormitory key to your counselor, or to the information desk, at completion of Sports Camps.