Air Force vs. Wyoming
Saturday, Sept. 25, 12 p.m. MT, War Memorial Stadium (30,514), Laramie, WY
• The Air Force-Wyoming series is one of the closest and oldest in school history.
• Air Force is halfway through a stretch of playing four bowl teams from 2009 in four weeks.
• This week's game is the MWC opener for Wyoming.
• Air Force is receiving votes in both polls, ranking 26th in AP and 33rd in the coaches.
Mountain West Sports Network (The mtn)
James Bates (play-by-play); Todd Christensen (analyst); Andrea Lloyd (sidelines)
KVOR AM 740 in Colorado Springs; KCKK 1510 AM in Denver and Northern Colorado
Jim Arthur (play-by-play); Lee Douglas (analyst); Jay Ritchie/Bob Ihle (pre- and post-game)
Record: Air Force (2-1, 1-0 MWC), Wyoming (1-2, 0-0 MWC)
Streaks: Air Force (L 1), Wyoming (L 2)
Next week: Air Force (vs. Navy, 10/2), Wyoming (at Toledo, 10/2)
Last week: Air Force (L 24-27 at #7/9 Oklahoma), Wyoming (L 6-51 vs. #3/3 Boise State)
Website: Air Force (goairforcefalcons.com), Wyoming (wyomingathletics.com)
Air Force: Troy Calhoun (Air Force, 1989) is in his fourth season. He has led the Falcons to a 27-15 career record. Calhoun is 17-8 in MWC games, 10-7 in non-conference games, 16-4 in Falcon Stadium, 10-4 in the month of September and 3-0 vs. Wyoming.
Wyoming: Dave Christensen (Western Washington, 1985) is in his second season. He has led the Cowboys to a 7-9 overall record. Christensen is 4-4 in MWC games and 0-1 vs. Air Force.
• Air Force leads the overall series 25-20-3, including a 16-13 mark in conference games.
• The Falcons are 9-11-2 in Laramie, 15-9-1 at home and 1-0 in neutral site games.
• Air Force has a series-best four-game winning streak dating back to 2005.
• Air Force has a two-game winning streak in Laramie, including a 23-3 win in 2008 in the last game between the two in War-Memorial Stadium.
• Air Force defeated Wyoming, 10-0, last year in Falcon Stadium.
• Wyoming has led at the half or the game has been tied the last three years.
• The game was tied 0-0 last year and 3-3 in 2008, while the Cowboys led 9-7 in 2007 at the half.
• The teams first played Nov. 2, 1957, to a 7-7 tie in Laramie.