Air Force vs. #RV/24 BYU
Saturday, Sept. 11, 2 p.m., Falcon Stadium (46,692), USAF Academy, CO
• This week's game is the conference opener for both schools and marks the last time the two will play as conference foes.
• Air Force is 10-1 all-time in MWC openers.
• Air Force will be honoring local firefighers and police and recently deployed soldiers during the game.
• The Falcons will also honor NYPD detective Steve Hayden and FDNY firefighter Kenny Haskill as honorary game captains.
• There will be special video presentations about 9-11 during the game as well.
Record: Air Force (1-0, 0-0 MWC), BYU (1-0, 0-0 MWC)
Streaks: Air Force (W 2), BYU (W 6)
Next week: Air Force (at Oklahoma, 9-18), BYU (at Florida State, 9-18)
Last week: Air Force (W 65-21 vs. Northwestern State), BYU (W 23-17 vs. Washington)
Website: Air Force (goairforcefalcons.com), BYU (BYUcougars.com)
Air Force: Troy Calhoun (Air Force, 1989) is in his fourth season. He has led the Falcons to a 26-14 career record. Calhoun is 16-8 in MWC games, 15-4 in Falcon Stadium, 9-4 in the month of September and 0-3 vs. BYU.
BYU: Bronco Mendenhall (Oregon State, 1988) is in his sixth season. He has led the Cougars to a 50-15 career record. Mendenhall is 34-6 in MWC games, including a 5-0 mark vs. Air Force.
• This week's game matches two of the most successful coaches in MWC history.
• BYU's Bronco Mendenhall ranks second all-time with a .766 winning percentage while Troy Calhoun of Air Force is fifth with a .658 mark.
Vote for the Bird - The Falcon mascot is in the Capital One Mascot Challenge again this year and you can help him by voting. See the attached link for details.